Native Instruments is now part of Soundwide + freebies šŸŽ

Comments

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

Who gives a flying F about an ā€œartist boardā€? Thatā€™s all marketing ****** anyway. Do you really believe they will influence a product roadmap? Naaaahhhhā€¦.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

It's got nothing to do on whether or not they would influence a product roadmap

Instead the Artist Board gives a hint at what some c-level decision maker sees as the primary Soundwide market. And this inaugural panel shows a narrower vision of intended demographic than I would hope for.

• nightjar

More interesting pieces coming together in the Soundwide ecosystem!

Mastering and Distribution.

• nightjar

Also.. feeling good about the PA influence on the broadness of Soundwide's genre reach!

• nightjar

Today, from the Facebook account of the Founder of Plugin Alliance and the biggest personal investor in Soundwide:

Dirk Ulrich - At this point the 4 plugin companies (PA, IZO, NI, BX) are obviously not using a unified programming framework, so I cannot comment on dev status at IZO or NI. I guarantee all teams are busy updating their software constantly though.

Key words: At this point....

• nightjar

A bit concerned about the design philosophy disconnect between iZotope and PA. iZotope signal processing offers GUI's that emphasizes analytical display info... PA offers GUI's that are skeuomorphic.

Of course there is plenty of room for both, but if things evolve into a "Soundwide unified music making ecosystem" in a few years, I hope both design philosophies are maintained equally.

I myself like iZotope's approach of providing visual data that informs me of the sonic changes. Emulating the look of a physical piece of hardware might be "fun", but it really is a lessor tool to delve into signal processing with more understanding.

• Danny O. Black
    Danny O. Black Member Posts: 3 Member

Clicked on PA download and it says page does not exist?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin
  • nightjar

I was very optimistic when NI and iZotope joined forces... I thought these two companies had complementary products, and a strategic vision was expressed (primarily via iZotope leaders) for what the goals were.

When Plugin Alliance joined later and the group was named Soundwide, I maintained optimism, though I was not too familiar with PA.

But as things progress, I am not nearly as optimistic as I was. It now seems the strategic lead is coming far too much from PA.... and it does not smell very good to me. Feels like the initial goals expressed by iZotope have been pushed aside.

And in the past few weeks, several key people that I consider forward-thinkers at iZotope have left the company. This is sad, sad, sad.

Soundwide has been dirked-up, and that ain't good.

• Matt_NI

How did you came up to the conclusion that the strategic lead was coming more from PA ?

Soundwide isn't even 6 months old, you'll start seeing more soon but it's still quite new.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 290 Pro

Matt_NI

Soundwide isn't even 6 months old, you'll start seeing more soon but it's still quite new.

Does this mean that there's going to be a protracted 'amalgamation period' where any other development stalls even further than its incredibly minor existence already appears to have?

In theory there's a possibility for some optimism with this venture, but over the last few months both ostensible signs of development and communication appear to have sunk below the level they were at when NI eventually issued an apology a couple of years ago.

I doubt I am the only person more than thoroughly dismayed with NI's recent apparent attitude towards its users and any sign of some light would be greatly appreciated.

• nightjar

One of the departures is Jonathan Bailey, CTO of iZotope/Soundwide.. he left 3 weeks ago.

He had a great vision for what Soundwide could become.

I know others at iZotope who have just left too... high-level thinkers.

• nightjar

When Dirk from PA bought in as largest shareholder, it formed a new trajectory that is more & more obvious each day.

• Matt_NI

It's a joint venture including different brands for sure and Dirk is involved coming from PABX but the size of each company should probably tell you who is doing the strategic steering.

• nightjar
    edited July 2022

Dirk is Soundwide's largest private investor and he has a management position on the board. So his "size" is measured beyond the brand distinction... and Soundwide is not a "joint" venture... all the parts are collectively owned as Soundwide itself. And the Soundwide vision sure doesn't seem aligned with the initial impression I got when it was just NI and iZotope.

This discussion has been closed.