Traktor randomly grinds to a slow distorted crawl

Fatbat
Fatbat Member Posts: 4 Member

I have a brand new ASUS Zenbook UX5400E, with an i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM and a 500 GB SSD, running the latest Windows 11 Home 21H2. I am playing on the latest release of Traktor (no beta) on an S4 MK2. All my drivers and bios are up to date.

The problem I am having is that about 20-30 minutes into a set, and then every 20-30 minutes thereafter, Traktor grinds to a horribly distorted crawl, maybe half tempo sounding like aliens are singing.

I have tried turning off all power-saving/sleep options on the USB ports, have disabled WIFI, disabled almost every other unnecessary bit of hardware, turned off as many features/programs in the start menu as I could, disabled Windows updates, enabled focus mode, etc. etc. and it was still doing this the last time I played out.

Oddly enough, two weeks before, it didn't happen, but out of the last 5 times I've played since I got the laptop, it's happened 4 out of 5 times.

A simple swipe of the touchpad will bring it back to playing normally. I play for 6 hours though and am afraid to step away for a minute to use the toilet or get a drink.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as this is driving me crazy and it's not a good look.

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,732 mod

Maybe you just missed one of the 1000 little steps to improve performance. From what it does, it sounds like the computer has gone to sleep and a touch woke it up. So look again for those pesky sleep mode triggers. And maybe, just in case you don't catch all of them, go into power managment and set everything that still goes to sleep mode to full power (no battery saving) as well.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 134 Pro

Sounds like a power saving issue? Can you check in your power settings? It should run on maximum performance

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Here are the 1000 steps Sûlherokhh mentioned. 😬 And yes power saving is one of them.

Windows Tuning Tips for Audio Processing