[New release] Massive X Drop #5 - Rave, Soundscapes and Scoring 🌊

Nico_NI
Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
edited November 2022 in Massive X & Synths

Three new Massive X expansions just landed πŸš€

This new drop brings something to suit all tastes. A stack of 150 presets per expansion is ready to be discovered, with gems that will most likely fit in your latest project...

Push the envelopeΒ of WAKE and its screeching synths, growling subs and percussive synth stabs that explore the harder side of rave music.

Find harmonyΒ in FADE with ethereal pads and shimmering arpeggios for immersive, reverb-drenched soundscapes.

Make it dramaticΒ with KINO, including sinister sound effects and glitching textures for action packed scores, sci-fi soundtracks, and more.

Pick up three packs for the price of two, or save on MASSIVE X and we’ll throw in all three packs for free.

Grab DROP #5 here.

Β«1

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Better variety of sounds this time - the last couple were a bit too pop oriented for me

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Massive X expansions have become my favourite kind of expansions!

• Nico_NI

Agreed. So far I've been exploring Kino and Wake and I can tell the presets are quite adventurous, love it!

• Nico_NI
    edited July 2022

They are sweet little creativity sparking bombs 🍬

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

Disappointing for Maschine+ owners though. We can't make use of these.

Please show M+ some love. 😁

• Kymeia
    edited July 2022

tbh trying to use Massive X in Maschine (hard or soft) would be too limiting for me considering how much it makes use of aftertouch for many presets

• Kymeia

Cool - reminds me more of the better sound sets for the original Massive (eg the ones by biomechanoid and Leap into the void) before it got eaten by the wubwubs

• PK The DJ

"trying to use Massive X in Maschine"

I'm not necessarily asking for Massive X on M+ (although it would be great). Just that there's been lots of releases lately for the computer software side, and not to forget the Maschine+ owners.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor
    edited July 2022

That's untrue. Native Instruments Expansions come with Presets for Massive, Monark and/or Prism. There is often also things for Poly Synth and Drum Synths, etc. There is support for those users.

They just don't release dedicated Expansions for those older synths, which are practically legacy products at this point.

See above.

• iNate
    edited July 2022

Maschine's Pads support AT. The limitation with Maschine is in the software/firmware, not the hardware.

It's actually quite amazing that this has persisted. How long has the MK3 been on the market, at this point?

• PK The DJ
    edited July 2022

PK The DJ: We can't make use of these.

iNate: That's untrue

Really? Please explain how to install and use Massive X presets on a Maschine+ because I'm pretty sure it can't be done.

• Kymeia
    edited July 2022

I know - but I wouldn't be playing Massive X with the pads but with my S Series Mark II (which has aftertouch, is made by NI, but still not fully supported in Maschine)

• iNate

This is what happens when people quote snippets out of context.

• PK The DJ
    edited August 2022

Don't bother offering an explanation of HOW it's "out of context"...

I'll go over it again:

My original post said that we (M+ users) can't make use of the Massive X expansions (as M+ doesn't have Massive X installed). That I'm pretty certain is a fact.

You then commented, and the first words you used were "that's untrue".

You seem to be saying: It's untrue that M+ users cannot use Massive X expansions.

• iNate
    edited August 2022

I'm ignoring you after this, because you're an idiot.

You insinuated that Mashcine+ users are not supported, simply because they didn't put the the new Massive X presets on the Maschine+, or release new expansions for those old legacy synths they put in the Maschine+.

This is what I stated:

That's untrue. Native Instruments Expansions come with Presets for Massive, Monark and/or Prism. There is often also things for Poly Synth and Drum Synths, etc. There is support for those users.

They just don't release dedicated Expansions for those older synths, which are practically legacy products at this point.

My response was more wholistic.

1. Massive X would absolutely destroy any Maschine+ that attempts to run it. Congrats on spending $1,300+ on a machine that can only run legacy synths. Cute. Most people know what they're getting into when they're plopping down that amount of dough for a device.
    2. Maschine+ users are supported by the other content that does support the synths on the device. NI Expansions tend to include presets for the older synths and the Maschine-native instruments. That's all good.
    3. There is nothing NI can do about Massive X expansions. If they put Massive X on the M+, you'd ben here the next day complaining that you get CPU Overloads/Crackling/Clicking/Popping/Crashing because the device simply doesn't have the compute capacity to allow anyone to use it in a realistic scenario on that device.

My response was more nuanced and wholistic than your quote makes it seem (though I'm not very surprised at how you spun it), because all the context is stripped form it.

Also, no one wants to read your bad "retelling" of the situation.

Use the quote key, and you're free to include all the relevant text. Not just the two words that triggered you and short-circuited your reading comprehension.