Why is Battery listed as an instrument when I don't own it?

markles
markles Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Noob here, so apologies in advance if I'm missing the obvious. I bought a KK S61 a few days ago and downloaded and installed (on a Windows 10 PC) the Komplete 13 Select package that comes with it.

When I open the KK browser (on either the keyboard or my PC) and choose Instruments, Battery is listed as an option. But when I select a Battery file, I get a "failed to load plugin message." Which makes sense since Battery isn't included in Komplete 13 Select package.

So my question is this: why is Battery even listed as an option under instruments when I don't have it? Do I have it but don't know it? Is this a bug? How do I show only previews and more importantly, only NI instruments that are ACTUALLY on my machine in the KK browser?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Hello,

you obviously have presets for battery installed somehow, I'm not sure if that is supposed to be. But battery does not come with komplete 13 select for sure. I will try to find out about the presets.

Uwe

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Perhaps you've bought expansions in the past? Expansions usually come with Battery kits so maybe that's why Battery shows up in your KK browser