Expansions refuse to register in Kontakt

dm444
dm444 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2022 in Native Access

I followed the article (reference below) to migrate to a new computer. This process worked with the majority of my libraries. This did not work with a handful of libraries as the small magnifying glass described in the article does not show up in Native Access. So I could not point Native Access to where those libraries are on my system.

How do I get these libraries to register? I tried hitting the install button (in NA). The download proceeds but the library still does not register. I deleted the library from my disk and tried to reinstall it again. I can now see the library in Preferences/Database but it does not show up in the left pane where all my other libraries are located.

I am running Mac/Catalina.

Thank you

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210281485-How-Can-I-Share-the-KOMPLETE-Content-Between-Several-Computers-Using-An-External-Hard-Drive-

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Which libraries are those?

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

Sounds to me as if those may have been 3rd party libraries? Because then it makes sense: you'd have to follow the installation procedure(s) as outlined by them. This usually consists of using their installer to set up the contents, then using a serial number to activate the library within N.A. afrter which you can point it to the installation to finish the setup.

• dm444

These are all Native Instruments Libraries. Here is the list:

Halcyon Sky, Massive X Factory, Rush, Scene, Solar Breeze, Velvet Lounge

I think some of these won't appear in Kontakt because they are presets for other synths. But for all of these, there is no magnifying glass option to locate them on my hard drive in NA.

Thanks for helping,

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

These are not Kontakt libraries but Expansions. Unfortunately, there is no relocate (magnifying glass) option for them. You can relocate Kontakt libraries but the rest will need to be reinstalled.

• dm444

And to reinstall them, do I first erase them from my hard drive? I ask because just hitting the install button does not seem to cause the files to be overwritten and registered.

Sorry, I'm a newbie at this.

Thanks

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hey @dm444 we've got someone with the same question as you: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/474/installing-expansions-on-a-second-computer-with-native-access

The best way is reach out to our installation support team because the solution is a bit hacky. Check out the link above - you can find our contact form there. 🙂