Irig acoustic to komplete audio6

Farmerjohn
Farmerjohn Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hope I’m in the correct place. First time I’ve been here.

I have komplete audio 6 connected to a Mac mini hoping to use with electronic guitar and maybe GarageBand and/or guitar rig.

Also have an acoustic guitar so I have ordered Irig acoustic and assume that I can plug into the audio 6 with an adapter and use with the Mac instead of iPad as outlined in the Irig description. So I would run amplitube acoustic on the Mac.

Does this sound reasonable or maybe I have overlooked/misunderstood something .

Tagged:

Best Answer

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Yes you can plug a guitar into the hi-z input to record with GarageBand or any DAW or play with Guitar Rig standalone.

I looked up "iRig acoustic", it looks like an acoustic pickup with a line out and also a usb/digital out (built in interface).

I would go line out of the irig to line in on the Komplete. Ignore the usb out if you already have a good interface (the Komplete). It may need the hi-z input but probably just the normal line input.

You may also like to try just using a mic on the acoustic guitar for a more natural sound, even something like an sm57.

Answers

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Yes you can plug a guitar into the hi-z input to record with GarageBand or any DAW or play with Guitar Rig standalone.

I looked up "iRig acoustic", it looks like an acoustic pickup with a line out and also a usb/digital out (built in interface).

I would go line out of the irig to line in on the Komplete. Ignore the usb out if you already have a good interface (the Komplete). It may need the hi-z input but probably just the normal line input.

You may also like to try just using a mic on the acoustic guitar for a more natural sound, even something like an sm57.

• Farmerjohn

Thanks for your help.

there are two Irig acoustic models. One called ‘Irig acoustic stage’ which has the mic/pickup and a portable pre-amp with 6.5mm output to go to amp/pa.

the other ‘Irig acoustic’ is just the mic/pickup with 3.5 trrs output to be connected to iPad/iPhone to create a portable recording solution.

I am getting the model without the pre-amp as I figure the audio 6 has a pre-amp.

so to get from the 3.5mm output to audio6 I need to use an adapter to change to 6.5mm.

I’m also thinking that as it’s really a microphone I would use ‘line’ rather than ‘inst’

I know there’s really only one way to find out just thought someone may be able to preempt potential issues. Nothing worse than getting a new bit of gear only to find out you don’t have right connector/cable/software/other thing you never would have thought of to use it.

I am totally new here and have never used such a platform. Don’t have any social media accounts. Not sure of correct etiquette/conventions etc. any advice along these lines would help me not make an ass of myself. For example should I have posted an intro before diving into questions etc

thanks again

• Farmerjohn

Feeling pretty dumb. I thought that Irig was a NI product. Now realise it’s from IK. No wonder there is not much discussion on it.

way too many abbreviations and acronyms in the world.

nevertheless when I set it up I will be using it with Komplete Audio6 and Guitar Rig which are NI products so not totally out of place.

Thanks again for your answer

John