Kontakt out of tune

Tim Churchill
Tim Churchill Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

why are my kontakt instuments going out of tune, or tailing up immediately like a screech instead of holding level for length of note in playback?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

well without a bit more information, it's a mystery!!! Maybe an example? Daw or Standalone? does it happen in both?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Sounds like mismatched sample rate between your audio interface driver, and your DAW project sample rate (or Kontakt standalone).

• Tim Churchill
    Tim Churchill Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

In my Presonus Studio One DAW only. Tried to attach a wav file of mysterious detuning (seems to happen mostly on the Scarbee A-200 instrument) but I guess that's not allowed. The screeching upward problem (which has happened on both Session Strings and Session Horns) seems to have cured itself for the time being, although it has happened more than once before.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Try to ZIP the WAV file then attach to a post.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Do you have a MIDI controller connected? Wondering if your MIDI equipment is sending unwanted signals that affect the pitch. 🤔

• bcurleejr
    bcurleejr Member Posts: 1 Member

I’m having the same tuning issue when using NI in Logic Pro. Stand alone the pitch is fine. This is recent, I’ve never had this happen before. My Clarett 8pre, audio settings in Logic, all at 44khz. Any advice would be appreciated

• BB-BB
    BB-BB Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2022

I was having the same problem and my sk88mkii controller was sending random pitch wheel data sending Kontakt patches into different pitches.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Tim Churchill @bcurleejr Any particular MIDI settings in Logic ? Have you tried resetting Logic to default ?

If you open Kontakt and check the Master setting, is it still set at 440Hz ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Tim Churchill @bcurleejr We didn't hear back from you for a while. If this issue is not solved, please contact our support agents here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.