I can't link my Beatport/Beatsource Account to TRAKTOR Pro 3.5.3

pitriderflieger
pitriderflieger Member Posts: 2 Member

Whenever I click "Login", https://api.beatport.com/v4/auth/o/authorize gets opened in my Browser. After logging in, nothing happens. The site just stays as it is.

I already checked the permissions in my browser.

I used different browsers.

The same problem occurs on my Notebook.

Tagged:

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

AFAIK there's an ongoing issue on the Beatport side regarding the link feature.

Let me see if I can get more information about that 👀

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Here's some level of information from the Beatport support regarding issue with Link:

"Hey, so we don’t think this is affecting all Windows users as we do see some evidence of users receiving new tokens with the Traktor Windows client. This is leading me to believe there might be something specific to these users local environment. Again working with our CS team as well to investigate further but wanted to relay this to you as well.Maybe some kind of 3rd party blocker, windows security defender or something of the sort you know?”

We keep the investigation going on our side.

• dsimone1027
    dsimone1027 Member Posts: 3 Member

Any update on this? I am having the same issue.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

On my new Yoga laptop I bought for mainly editing and playlists. Using Chrome or Edge as browser won't login.

It gives a little "!" by the link and when selected shows that the link has an invalid certificate.

Even turning off all safety in settings doesn't allow a login.

The other strange thing is, when Beatport Link is logged out of Traktor, on my main laptop. A pop up with the option for streaming comes up when Traktor is restarted. Then everything logs in with no issues and no certificate problem. This pop up doesn't show up when starting Traktor on the new laptop.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Still not resolved yet unfortunately. I'll update here once Beatport confirmed they've released a fix.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

I changed to the Beta version and added my Traktor Plus subscription. Beatport now logs in exactly as my main laptop.

• MarkusOutlaw
    MarkusOutlaw Member Posts: 3 Member

I just wanted to try this, but Traktor won't login to Beatport. Hopefully this gets resolved fast. Otherwise this option has to be cancelled.

• dsimone1027
    edited July 2022

Download a previous version of traktor. Beatport link works on the previous versions.

• pitriderflieger
    pitriderflieger Member Posts: 2 Member

Do you have a link for a working version by any chance? Would be highly appreciated.

• dsimone1027

This is what I used...skeptical of it, but I havent had any issues since downloading/installing

https://www.filehorse.com/download-traktor-dj-software/download/

• JDSOCRAM
    JDSOCRAM Member Posts: 6 Member

I’m having this exact same issue, click the link to login into Beatport in Traktor and the window that opens in the browser just stays white. Occasionally it opens a login box, but when I press to login after enter ring username and password nothing happens. Win 10, Google Chrome (also tried login link in Edge but same outcome)

• MarkusOutlaw
    edited August 2022

I just had an e-mail back from Beatport support, they have investigated this problem and it seems the problem lays by Traktor itself. They have shared their Investigation results with NI and hope that they can find the solution asap for this problem.

• Shooter22
    Shooter22 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I used this link to downgrade my traktor and it worked link comes back. However my sound is distorted and I can’t understand why anyone had similar issue or know what it might be?

• MarkusOutlaw

Aswer from Beatport Support:

"Our team has been diligently working to find the cause for this. We believe the issue lies with Traktor, as we have checked and tested extensively on our end.

We are currently waiting to hear from their team about our findings."

So if anyone from NI knows what the problem is , because previous versions from Traktor 3 don't have this issue. I would really want to have an update of the software without this problem.