Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work

Michalis
Michalis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

Hi!

I'm using Battery 4.2.0 (I recently updated to this via Native Access) and now the knobs and faders inside the plugin are barely responsive when moved/turned. Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't made any other changes to Battery or my workflow except installing this update.

• Scrolling with a mouse works normally when hovering over the knobs -- it's only when clicking and dragging knobs / faders
  • There are no MIDI CC parameters set to anything
  • There is no automation on the tracks / plug-ins

It's as if there's a ghost in the machine pulling the knobs and faders back to a specific value no matter how I move them...

Thanks!

macOS 10.15.7

Logic 10.6.3

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey there, are you all using Waves plug-ins ? Like for the latest updates of Maschine, there is a bug on Waves' side in older Waveshells, this got fixed with Waveshell 13. If you don't plan on updating your Waves plug-ins here is an older version of Battery 4: BATTERY 4.1.6

• Obe1
    Obe1 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

I just installed Waves v13 and knobs work again. Kind of sucks I had to spend $240 to update Waves plugins I didn't intend on updating to make a Native Instruments product I already bought, work. But it is what it is.

• franklyn
    franklyn Member Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Ok, thank you Jeremy for the explanation. I deinstalled all Waves and installed V13 (some are also V12 like Studio Rack because there is no V13) and now Battery works fine again. This is so strange

But I am happy that it works, after a long installation day :)

Answers

• IlMolto
    IlMolto Member Posts: 11 Member

Yep, same problem here when using as a VST plugin inside Cubase since updating Battery. There should be an easy way to revert to the previous version when things like this happen.

• sho
    sho Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue here. After update to 4.2, any of the knob or the fader can't be moved normally. When Click/dragged, knobs or fader just kind of wiggles and goes nowhere. I just have to use mouse wheel to slowly move the value.

macOS 10.14.6 and Cubase 11. Haven't tried on other DAWs yet.

• Plutonium
    Plutonium Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Exact same problem here! Drives me craaaaazy!!! MacOS 12 Monterey on M1 Max processor.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey there, are you all using Waves plug-ins ? Like for the latest updates of Maschine, there is a bug on Waves' side in older Waveshells, this got fixed with Waveshell 13. If you don't plan on updating your Waves plug-ins here is an older version of Battery 4: BATTERY 4.1.6

• Michalis
    Michalis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I don't use any waves plugins so there must be another problem then.

Went back to last version Battery 4.1.6 and now it works again.

Thanks! :)

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2022

Oh, that's interesting. We would need to investigate further in this case. I'll get in touch by email.

• IlMolto

I’m on V13 for all my Waves products. This issue only started happening straight after updating Battery to 4.2.0.

• Jeremy_NI

Do you still have older Waveshell versions in your plug-in folders ? Have you tried moving them from there, even temporarily to check if that fixes the issue ? If you have already checked this and still got this problem, I'll contact you by email.

• IlMolto

I had some V12 plugins in the Waves folder. I used Waves Central to uninstall all V12 plugins. The problem still persists with Battery.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2022

I got in touch by email, we'd like to have a closer look on your system to do some further troubleshooting.

• SpiderMix
    SpiderMix Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yep. It's awful that Native Instruments have not updated Battery in AGES.....then they update it and the darn knobs don't work. I honestly wish there was a program with Battery's workflow that I could switch too. Not cool Native Instruments. Not cool at all.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey there, as explained earlier in this post, it's most likely an issue with Waves plug-ins, and the fix is coming from their side in Waveshell v13. Are you using Waves plug-ins ?

• Obe1
    Obe1 Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2022

Yes I have this problem too. I didn't see that NI has already responded.

• franklyn

I have the same issue in ProTools (AAX) and Studio One (VST). Standalone works !

I think the fix has to come from NI, why should Waves solve this? Makes no sense to me.

When Battery 4.16 works it should be possible to fix 4.2 :)

People, what's up, we can not work any more with this update. 🙏 🙏 🙏

• franklyn

update: oooooh man, I installed 4.1.6 and now the DAW projects do not open my saved battery instances.

so downgrading makes no sense. any news about a solution?