GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Comments

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro

Updated: GUI knob kit Moogy.

Moogy knobs, scales, buttons, rocker switches and (sequencer) lamps.

Get it here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14613/

Greets,

Bolle

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited July 2022

On the left side a pic from the original

The upper right space is for memory presets

Here a full image

• Bolle

Thank you, Paule.

I don't know yet if i will copy the real version exactly. I love the way the original looks, but i have a few questions about the build that i want to reskin. I will post those questions here next weekend l.

• Bolle
    edited July 2022

Progress:

I made the synth deeper (wider along the Y axis), and the controls / graphics larger / wider by getting rid of the unneeded memory banks section. Eventually it'll probably hold a volume knob and a scope display.

Greets,

Bolle

• Paule

Here you can place your logo

For the left side: an amount for DCO and VCF to bend, volume, transpose and LFO trigger is a fine thingy.

• Bolle

Great idea about the logo! I could make the logo light up as a level lamp, like i did with the amp symbol on the Krog SM20.

I know, it's really fine. I dont really know how to do it, though. Guido didn't include it in the GUI but i think he used Midi CC inputs for midi control. I'll have a look next weekend.

Greets,

Bolle

• Paule
    edited July 2022

Found these here Juno software synth at Roland

bend sens and mod sens on the left side

chorus & fx on the right side

• Bolle

I could replace the chorus with my cHorus Chorus and include the controls in the right section of the control panel. I don't know yet.

The Roland VSTi GUI is very ugly imo. Too crowded for a synth that's supposed to be a reincarnation of a Juno 60.

Greets,

Bolle

• Paule

Yes, there are too much buttons and knobs on the surface. I don't know how it sounds.

Can you realise the bend and mod sens. Shown on the left side. Or is this the space for your logo?

• Bolle
    edited July 2022

Probably. I'm not going to put my logo on the design. It already has my name on it with the "Bollard" (Roland) logo.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Hey Chet. I left a reply message in my UL comment section, but I'll repeat it here: if you need any of the lamps, buttons or switches in a particular size, feel free to send me a DM. I already have them 3D-modeled so all i have to do is render them in a different size.

Greets,

Bolle

• Chet Singer
    Chet Singer Member Posts: 56 Advisor

Thank you!

• Chet Singer
    Chet Singer Member Posts: 56 Advisor
    edited July 2022

Remember that Kontakt-looking brass ensemble that I once started a thread on? It's working, and almost complete. But while I like the look of it, it's workflow is turning out to be awful.

I'm thinking it's is due for a redesign for the sake of usability, and might be a good fit with your Moog-style panel elements. Its appearance would also be more timeless. I've been admiring the Moog Subharmonicon. If I go that direction I may ask for some bigger buttons. I like their look. I'll try some mock-ups this weekend.

• Bolle

That'll look totally great and very different from your original design (which also looked great, btw)! Man, the Subharmonicon must be my favourite desktop synth design. Moog does things right.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Diddling around with a reskin of Guido Weber's Juno 60 build.

Eventually i want to make a full size GUI with keyboard, but i'm working on this desktop sized version for fun.

Greets,

Bolle