Upgrade discount when Komplete 14 comes out?

Stefan vanL
Stefan vanL Member Posts: 3 Member

I was wondering, I bought like 70% of all the new products that came out since I bought Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition. Would I still need to pay the full upgrade price to Komplete 14 Ultimate Collector's Edition whenever it comes out?

Or would I get an offer that suits my situation?

This question kind of hold me back from buying any more new products that recently came out.

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

"Would I still need to pay the full upgrade price to Komplete 14 Ultimate Collector's Edition whenever it comes out?"

My understanding from past (somewhat similar) questions and answers that I've seen is: Yes.

There's also this article:

As it states there, you could simply sell your redundant single products that you bought already (except the qualifying base product), then upgrade to K14.

• Stefan vanL

Wow, that's such a dissapointing approach from NI. I mean, I'm a very very loyal and active customer for yearsss now.

I think loyal people (and people with a lotttt of NI products) should definitely deserve a custom upgrade price.

• Monochrome
    edited July 2022

I mean, I could be wrong... Again, just my understanding of things that are provided ^^

@Nico_NI, maybe you can shed some light on it?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If the policy has not changed with new NI owner,,,,, There will not be custom upgrade price.

One may sell excess plugin licences... It is not a real problem, if seller asks decent price...

What I do is, I do not buy products in between and wait for update/upgrade.... And, maybe I will even skip this Update, if there will not be something. WOW!!!! Like Cremona Quartet has been in K13U CE....

K13U CE is huge, so many plugins, Kontakt libraries and Expansions..... No real need to add more.

• andalassamXX
    andalassamXX Member Posts: 53 Helper

Komplete 13 ultimate is perfect, but unfortunately it lacks Symphony series and only has a simplified version.

It can't meet my needs.

I hope that Symphony series can be added to Komplete ultimate in the future.

• Kubrak

I bet Symphony Series will not go to Komplete Ultimate anytime soon, if ever... There is Komplete Ultimate CE that has (almost) everything, except few Expansions.

• andalassamXX

They can consider making new Symphony series,For example, Symphony Series 2.

In this way, the old version is not attractive and can be placed in komplete ultimate.

Komplete ultimate CE has the most expensive version.

• Kubrak

They could. But when Symphony Series Hyper/Plus/Pro will come one day, Komplete Ultimate CE Giga will be added.... IMHO.

I wouldn't dream Symphony Series will go to Ultimate, any time soon. Maybe in Komplete 17, 18, 19, .... There must be something to attract people to upgrade to CE.....

• Stefan vanL

Okay, so I've just received a (dissapointing) reply from customer service:

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide information in regards to future products and prices. During the course of product development, the functions, features, and details of products are highly subject to change.

That being said, in the past, it was not possible to deduct individual instruments from the price of our Komplete bundles, the logistical complexity of such individual upgrade schemes would be unmanageable.

We can suggest selling the redundant individual licenses you may have registered in your account. You can find more information on selling our products via this article on our website: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/articles/210288845-Selling-or-Buying-a-Native-Instruments-Product-Second-Hand "

• Kubrak
    edited July 2022

It is not easy please everyone...

For example, Eventide has system, that counts licences against upgrade of their bundle. But one cannot choose, which plugins/product to count in.... And there are angry customers which lost individual products they needed to keep. And the price drop of bundle upgrade was not satisfactory..... They were extremely angry....

So, it is not easy to build system that fits all. And is sort of just.

For example. How much would you want the price drop, if you have spent 500 USD on three individual plugins and update is 300 USD giving you 10 more plugins? It should be 3/10 from 300 USD, 90 USD. Woul you be happy to get discount 90 USD for plugins you have paid 500 USD for. I guess not....

It is far better to sell those three plugins for half-price 250 USD.... And that is what most people do.... End in case you would ask only 90 USD for them, they would be sold almost instantly...

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 999 Guru

I think what NI have said is perfectly reasonable - not "disappointing". It really would be a logistical nightmare for them to calculate hundreds of different prices for the same product, based on what each person already owned.

The Komplete bundles are already an absolute bargain. After buying the Maschine+ I was looking at collecting as many expansions as possible. The cheapest way of doing that (by far) was to buy UCE.

Just the expansions would've cost me £3,212 to buy individually. UCE (at full price) was 25% of that.

• Kubrak

Exactly. Even if NI made framework for discounts, folks would be dissapointed by amount of discount....

Sell NI SW is easy, NI does not charge for it, nor gives restrictions.... If one buys individual licences, the best is to sell it, when not needed.

• andalassamXX

Selling licenses takes a long time, and it is likely to miss the best opportunity to upgrade.

• Monochrome
    edited July 2022

Huh... how? You would buy the upgrade to K14 and sell the licenses (those that are not needed anymore) afterwards.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

If NI wanted to be more customer centric, they WOULD have a fair formula to allow for custom pricing. No nightmare to administer with the right technological effort.

Put the customer first. Make the effort.