S49 Komplete Kontrol MK2 knobs not working properly with Maschine Plus

Model 12
Model 12 Member Posts: 9 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

describing a standalone scenario here like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CXKDnJpfLM

When I connect my S49 MK2 to the Maschine Plus, some of the knobs are not working on the S49 MK2 when editing parameters on plugin view or using the mixer page on the MaschinePlus for example. Knob 3&4 and 7&8 are basically "dead" but knobs 2&5 are influecing parameters of knobs 3, 4, 7 & 8 including their own. Alle knobs on Maschine Plus work flawlessly. But not on the keyboard. All the knobs are working flawlessly when using it with the Komplete Kontrol software. But not with Maschine Plus. Is this expected behavior?

Regards,

Michael

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

How is your keyboard connected to Maschine Plus, via MIDI?

Have you checked the Komplete Kontrol MIDI preferences to check how CCs are assigned?

• Model 12
    edited July 2022

The keyboard is connected via the provided USB cable that was in the box with the S49MK2 from NI.

I did check the Komplete Kontrol MIDI preferences of the S49MK2:

Knobs 1-8 of the S49MK2 are assigned CC 14-21

This is, as far as my understanding goes, the standard mapping, this info can also be found here under 9.4. "Using the Keyboard as Stand-Alone MIDI Controller" https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/komplete_kontrol/KOMPLETE_KONTROL_S-Series_MK2_Manual_English_04_2022.pdf

I did not change that the first time I connected the S49MK2 to Maschine Plus via USB.

I looked up the Midi CCs of the knobs of Maschine Plus in the Controller Editor and here https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/drivers/all_users/Controller_Editor_Manual_English.pdf and saw they were assigned to Midi CC 70-77. Changing the Midi CC of the knobs from the S49MK2 from CC 14-21 to CC 70-77 did not help nor solve the issue. Maybe I went the wrong route there. I thought this would work out of the box in the first place, like the video that I linked from NI showed.

Is there a step by step tutorial how to connect the S49MK2 to the Maschine Plus?

Maybe that would help.

• Model 12

I guess I am left alone with this.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod

Are you using the keyboard in MIDI Mode? If so, why?

CC's do not matter for dedicated control over things like the mixer and such, it's all auto-mapped but you can't use MIDI Mode for that.

• Model 12
    edited July 2022

No, I am not using the keyboard in Midi Mode.

It' hooked up via USB to the Maschine Plus. But when hooked up the knobs 3&4 + 7&8 are not working.

I wrote it all down.

Your question shows you haven't read my problem description.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    edited July 2022

Well... you mentioned CC's, that's why I asked. OK buddy, I was just trying to help... good luck then.

• Model 12
    edited July 2022

So "should" all knobs be auto-mapped correctly when hooked up via USB, is that what you are saying?

Like already described: The Komplete Kontrol S49 is connected via USB to Maschine Plus.

On Maschine Plus all 1-8 knobs can edit their allocated parameters (plugin, mixer etc.)

But on the connected S49 MK2 the knobs 3&4 and 7&8 are not affecting their allocated parametes at all when moved (plugin, mixer etc.) But knobs 1+2 & 5+6 are influecing parameters of the allocated parameters of knobs 3&4 and 7&8 instead. Is this expected behavior?

I did not relate this to Midi CCs in the first place since I also assumed it should work auto-mapped.

But I was asked about Midi CC if you would have read the first answer from Nico_NI thats why I investigated this.

I am just trying to solve the issue and I never wrote that I want to use the keyboard in Midi Mode.

Sorry for going Jordan B. Peterson on ya but you obviously did not read it all.