Samples not Loading Completely after Purging

j89
j89 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

When you purge samples in Kontakt, they should fully reload when you play them again. For some reason, mine only partially reload when I play them. It stays orange and doesn't progress to white. (The red indicator means fully unloaded, orange is partially loaded, and white is fully loaded). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

That is not how purge works. I would suggest reading the Manual (section 8.3) about purging, but in a nutshell, Kontakt keeps track of played notes (and velocities), so if you have library with 1 note assigned with 10 velocity layers (10 total samples), and you play 1 not at 1 velocity and then purge, it will unload the samples for the 9 velocity layers (samples) that were not played, and the indicator turns orange. If you were to add that note at a different velocity layer, Kontakt would load only that sample and now you would have 2 of 10 samples loaded and the indicator would remain orange. If you want all samples loaded after a purge, select "Reload all samples" from the purge menu or, don't do a purge at all.

Just in case, here is a link to the Kontakt Manuals...

Samplers : Kontakt 6 : Downloads | Komplete (native-instruments.com)

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

That is not how purge works. I would suggest reading the Manual (section 8.3) about purging, but in a nutshell, Kontakt keeps track of played notes (and velocities), so if you have library with 1 note assigned with 10 velocity layers (10 total samples), and you play 1 not at 1 velocity and then purge, it will unload the samples for the 9 velocity layers (samples) that were not played, and the indicator turns orange. If you were to add that note at a different velocity layer, Kontakt would load only that sample and now you would have 2 of 10 samples loaded and the indicator would remain orange. If you want all samples loaded after a purge, select "Reload all samples" from the purge menu or, don't do a purge at all.

Just in case, here is a link to the Kontakt Manuals...

Samplers : Kontakt 6 : Downloads | Komplete (native-instruments.com)

• j89
    j89 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks, Blindeddie. I appreciate the help.