Battery 3 - Is it possible to still get a serial number?

Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand Member Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2022 in Battery 4

I own Komplete and Battery 4 but inherited some old project files I need to work with that used Battery 3. I tried to install it but it is asking for a serial number and the original creator of these projects is no longer around.

Is it possible for me to get a serial number for Battery 3 so I can install it and load these old project files?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hi Richard, unfortunately Battery 3 is discontinued so it's not available on our website anymore. However, you can get a demo to check what kits are used in order to open them in Battery 4. Check out this post here.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited July 2022

You could buy Battery 3 secondhand, or buy Komplete bundle that contains Battery 3.

Also, maybe that some of first versions of Battery 4 may import projects from Battery 3. Maybe that even current Battery 4 may import it. At least it has load file filter *.kit *.kt2 *.kt3 *.nbkt.... It indicates, it might be possible to load also Battery 1, 2, 3, ... projects....

Have you tried just to load Battery 3 project into Battery 4?

• Richard Marchand
    Richard Marchand Member Posts: 12 Member

Thank you for the link, but the thread you sent me shows a user who did not actually get a demo working from that installer, it merely asks them for a serial number. The same thing happens to me.

However, in the bottom of that same thread Jeremy_NI at NI Customer Care said that the user was eventually given a serial number. They said, "It seems that my colleagues were kind enough to add a Battery 3 serial on your account."