I've used an aggregate to use a UBS mic on Traktor, can I record it to the loop recorder?

cazco
cazco Member Posts: 46 Member

I set up an aggregate Audio Device on the mac so I could use my USB mic as an input and output to the Audio DJ 2. I want to be able to sing some loops into the live input and pull them into the remix decks. I have the audio coming through to the Live Input as desired but I cant get the loop recorder to record it. I tried setting the loop recorder to External and Aux but this didn't work.

Is there anyway to do it, or would I need a separate audio interface with a mic input?

Huge thanks in advance. I'd be lost without this community!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,651 mod
    Answer ✓

That's what I meant, EXT. Glad you have it resolved.

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Is your Microphone a condenser? What do you use to record?

You might need a separate audio interface with a Phantom power (48V).

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,320 Expert

If it's an USB mic, it should not matter. They have everything build in.

It seems like his mic already works as live input. So the questions is how to use the live input in the loop recorder.

• Stevan

Preferences --> Input --> AUX and select your mic channels.

Then set the loop rec source to AUX as well.

Traktor sucks when it comes to aggregate devices so in case that doesn't work then get an interface with more channels.

• cazco
    edited July 2022

@Stevan I was excited to see your comment because I was sure that was it but alas it's not working through Aux, it is however working on main so that is something and it working on CUE. Problem is now I seem to have lost my cue overall. Traktor is such a puzzle for me!

As @lord-carlos mentioned the mic is fine and I can hear it through Deck D by sending it to that input. It seems that I can only record through Main which is picking up everything else. I appreciate beats playing will come in through the Mic will come in anyway so maybe it doesn't matter.

@SilvioLandi Sto usando il registratore di loop integrato per cantare e registrare loop di 4 battute

I was thinking of getting a Zoom - U44 as that is quite small and has 2 mic inputs.

• cazco

I got it working out External :) Not sure why that should work and not Aux but there you go! Thank you all for your help!

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

That's what I meant, EXT. Glad you have it resolved.

• cazco

Awesome thank you!

• Stevan

You are welcome!