Software Integration when Purchasing a Used Komplete Kontrol Keyboard

eggpls
eggpls Member Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I have the KKS49 MK2 and am thinking of replacing it with a used KKS61 MK2. If I already installed Komplete Kontrol with the serial from my old KKS49 MK2 and purchase a KKS61 MK2 used WITHOUT a serial for Komplete Kontrol, will all the built in integration still work with the KKS61 using the Komplete Kontrol software as registered under the KKS49?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,579 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yes.

I have 3 different KK keyboards (S Series MK1, MK2 and A series) and only ever registered the MK1 7 years ago. Only issue you will have is if you want to sell it, you cannot provide a serial if you never registered it to your account.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,579 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yes.

I have 3 different KK keyboards (S Series MK1, MK2 and A series) and only ever registered the MK1 7 years ago. Only issue you will have is if you want to sell it, you cannot provide a serial if you never registered it to your account.

• eggpls
    eggpls Member Posts: 15 Member

Ok, cool. This is what I thought as well and I would be purchasing a used KKS61 MK2 without the software anyways so that's perfectly fine with me. And if I were to sell it hopefully it would be to another user like myself upgrading from a previous hardware w/ KK registered already.

The only reason I asked this was because I saw another used listing for this keyboard that mentioned their replacement hardware didn't work with the previously purchased software and it just made me paranoid that somehow the issue would happen to me as well. Maybe that's more of a hardware or some configuration issue on that sellers part..