How to make Novation Launchpad compatible with Maschine+

MikeySOfficial
MikeySOfficial Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello!

I've been looking for a way to program my Launchpad to become compatible with my Maschine+, since I want to take advantage of its pads. I'm having trouble finding a way to pull it off. Would I need the Maschine+ script for this kind of endeavor? Any info would be very much helpful in my quest.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Not possible. Not even for Maschine SW on the computer let alone on the M+, there are no scripts for 3rd party controllers.

All it can do is send and receive whatever MIDI notes the launch pads send by default, Maschine's dedicated functions are not MIDI mappable for the most part.

You can use it to play chromatically, trigger Sections/Scenes with "MIDI Change" (which probably would not make much sense in a device with so many pads) and not much else.

Answers

• borisdivjak
    borisdivjak Member Posts: 20 Member

What do you want to do with the Launchpad?

If you want to use it as a drum pad or to play notes, then you should be able to do that, same as connecting any other external MIDI controller. I don't own an M+ (just an MK3), but it's my understanding that you can connect a Launchpad to the USB host port on M+.

If you'd like to use it to trigger patterns, clips or scenes, that's a somewhat different question and the answer is probably a no.

• MikeySOfficial
    MikeySOfficial Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I was thinking to have the launchpad match the semitone increase or decrease as well as the scaling.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Not possible. Not even for Maschine SW on the computer let alone on the M+, there are no scripts for 3rd party controllers.

All it can do is send and receive whatever MIDI notes the launch pads send by default, Maschine's dedicated functions are not MIDI mappable for the most part.

You can use it to play chromatically, trigger Sections/Scenes with "MIDI Change" (which probably would not make much sense in a device with so many pads) and not much else.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

To do this you will need a translation layer, somebody could make such on a Pi or you could use something like Brambos Mozaic on an iOS device, the latest Launchpads are very clever in this regard, they use two individual driver ports to pass information between themselves and the device.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

But if Maschine commands are midi mappable then you can’t @Flexi as @D-One pointef

it will require some coding from the maschine team before you get the launchpad ready. They did that (to a certai degree) when implementef Maschine Jam afaiunderstand.