Ask: step mode and toggle/trigger step

Options
Roma1n
Roma1n Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello!

Iown a Maschine mikro mk3 and a komplete S49 and I want to know if this workflow is possible:

I have a pattern with midi notes, and I want to toggle step while it is playing. An example video: https://youtu.be/TBiLmj-Y0HY

In the video at 2minutes, you can see him playing and toggling steps. When I do it in maschine, he doesn’t toggle it just delete the note and if I press the step again on the pad it adds the root note. What I would like is a sequence of steps and jam like he does with muting/unmuting notes

Is it possible with maschine?

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2022
    Options

For instruments? No, Maschine has no "Note Mute" or "disabled steps" so pressing the Pads will not only remove them but also reset their note.

You can hold a Step/Pad to record Step-Modulation and then change it's output volume to zero (in Channel/MIDI> Sound> Output) but if your instrument has built-in FX you end up muting the step but not the FX tail... It's also a bit impractical to use modulation to enable/disable Steps as it requires too much navigation 🤷‍♂️

If you're using Pad Mode then you can use regular Mutes I guess, but since those cant be recorded it's only useful for performing.

There might be some workaround but I am not aware.

• Roma1n
    Roma1n Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

The only "smooth" workflow I can think of is duplicate pattern, and then remove the note I want to, and switch between pattern, but it's not as fast as just disabling step.

Maybe in a future version? I would love to manipulate step of instrument (group etc) ^^