Using Komplete Kontrol S49 and Maschine MK3 on the same midi channel

eggpls
eggpls Member Posts: 15 Member

As a keyboard player, I found that I valued the extra octave quite a bit on my Nord Electro 6D and have since been juggling the idea of upgrading to the KKS61 MK2. In general though, my main annoyance with the S49 hasn't necessarily been the size, but usually the key switches of a ton of my libraries being 1-2 octaves below the playing range. As someone that also has an MK3 laying around not getting much use as of right now, I wanted to explore the idea of using the 16 pads on the MK3 to map to the keyswitches I would normally use (typically the range from C0 up). What's the most straightforward way to do this? Is there a difference for taking this approach for NKS libraries vs Kontakt only libraries (no native access) vs non-NKS libraries and would I always have to individually map the keyswitches to pads on the Maschine for each instrument? Are there conflicts I should be aware of if I have the MK3 and KKS49 both controlling the same library?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

I use the MK3 and M32 to do this all the time. I put the MK3 in Midi mode, and select a pad page (assigned in controller editor) that matches the range of the key switches. No pitfalls as far as I am concerned…

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

I use the MK3 and M32 to do this all the time. I put the MK3 in Midi mode, and select a pad page (assigned in controller editor) that matches the range of the key switches. No pitfalls as far as I am concerned…