How do I add music to Traktor DJ 2 on iPad iOS 15

Hi,

I've just bought an iPad 9th gen running iOS 15. I installed Traktor DJ 2 from the app store hoping to have a little portable set up with my S2 MK3 for small parties but I'm stumped on how to add my music to the app.

Every tutorial I've found is over 2 years old and recommends using iTunes but it's not available on this version of iOS. I only have the Apple Music app, which I have discovered is not compatible.

I would be grateful if any users with a similar set up could provide some guidance.

Best Answer

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,003 Guru

You can connect external storage to iOS now, so you should be able to put some music onto a flash drive and connect it (using a suitable Apple cable of course).

• David Chung
    David Chung Member Posts: 11 Member

But how do I add the tracks to the app?

I've only got options for demo tracks, iTunes and SoundCloud Go+.

I would appreciate further advice.

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited July 2022

The Apple Music app on your iPad is definitely compatible. I sync music to my iPad using Music on my MacBook. I have an iPad Mini 5 and I sync music to it all the time for use with Traktor DJ 2 and my S2 Mk3. What are you using to sync from? Windows or Mac?

• David Chung

Firstly, thank you for responding. Secondly, I'm very new to iOS so excuse my ignorance on a lot of things, though I have used macOS extensively for over 16 years.

I use Mac and have iTunes match that syncs my tracks to all my MacBooks and Mac mini. I have about 90% if my collection showing on my Apple Music app on the iPad but nothing shows in Traktor DJ 2.

So, when you mean sync do you mean actually connecting my iPad to my Mac and transferring my music over?

• ilove1981
    Answer ✓

Yes, you definitely have to choose what you sync from Music (on your MacBook) to your iPad. Connect your iPad to your MacBook, Open "Finder" and follow the steps on this little graphic I made.

• David Chung

Thank you for your help. You confirmed that it can be done and what route to take. You, sir, are a superstar.

After a lot of messing around with preferences and Googling as to why my iPad would not show up in finder. I discover that my issue was Mojave, which was an easy fix as I just used iTunes. This is when I discovered iTunes wouldn't sync any music and it took awhile before I found a solution which was to disable iTunes Match. All is good now though.

• ilove1981

Thank you - you're very welcome. And if you are connecting an iPad to any MacOS device, you will almost certainly need to use a genuine Apple Lightning cable. None of the certified cables I have work reliably; has to be genuine Apple.

• David Chung

Yeah, I figured that one out. Luckily I had a genuine Lightning to USB A lead from my keyboard.