2 questions about Kontakt and a few other questions

mrkilo
mrkilo Member Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

What is the difference between Kontakt and Kontakt Player?

If I installed by Kontakt Player 6 v6.4.2 (R93) by accident (or stupidy) can I, should I, just delete it and reinstall Kontakt 5 v5.8.1 in it's place?

Is there a way to delete old, unused, applications as seen in Native Access?

Is Custom Shop now a totally separate application from Kontakt or is there still a way to get to Custom Shop through Kontakt?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Kontakt Player is as it states, just plays Licensed Kontakt Libraries. Full Kontakt allows you to use unlicensed 3rd party libraries as well as create your own.

You can have the K6 player and the Full Version of K5 installed at the same time. Note, any libraries created with K6 will not work in K5 regardless of Licensing Status.

No way to delete unused apps in NA. (you could get in touch with support and request they be removed)

Clarify "Custom Shop"... do You mean "Komplete Now"? Komplete Now is subscription based access to NI products.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Kontakt Player is as it states, just plays Licensed Kontakt Libraries. Full Kontakt allows you to use unlicensed 3rd party libraries as well as create your own.

You can have the K6 player and the Full Version of K5 installed at the same time. Note, any libraries created with K6 will not work in K5 regardless of Licensing Status.

No way to delete unused apps in NA. (you could get in touch with support and request they be removed)

Clarify "Custom Shop"... do You mean "Komplete Now"? Komplete Now is subscription based access to NI products.

• mrkilo

thanks for the swift reply

these are all very illuminating answers

thanks-I'll look into getting in touch to try and have NI remove those

I thought meant Custom Shop but perhaps things have changed so I'm not totally sure I'll have to look into further when I get Kontakt reinstalled

• mrkilo

oops-got my applications/problems confused Custom Shop>Amplitube