Guitar Rig 6 Problem - Two Versions Opening Under Same Saved Preset:

VonHerndon
VonHerndon Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Greetings esteemed tone fanatics,

I need your help on this one.

I tried the demo version of GR6 and found it very useful, so I bought the full version. NI support suggested not to remove the demo version, just update it.

Everything works fine, except I have two different versions - of the same saved preset - that open with different equipment in the stand alone version and in Reaper.

The stand alone version has "Macros" which has an A/B switch. This gives me a very desirable tone and I want to "synch" these two versions so a "saved preset" on the desktop will have the same equipment as a save in Reaper.

Shown below is the Reaper version of GR6 (top) and the stand alone (bottom) The 'Macros' effect is the main difference and it's the version I want to "keep" in both versions.

I'll tell you straight away that I'm not a computer guru, so keep that in mind when you answer.

Thanks very much...

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

in your pics there are those grey buttons activated in the stand alone version (top rightish). If you activate them in the plugin you should see the same and you learn what they are doing and can then set them to your liking, i guess you don't need the player and recorder, for example.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @VonHerndon does deleting one of the duplicate presets as our support team suggested help resolve the issue?

• VonHerndon
    VonHerndon Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Nope. It had no effect because it would not allow me to delete either version saying something a out "files in use by another program"

I'm just working around it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,285 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @VonHerndon If you have a different version in your DAW than in standalone, it is most probably a VST administration issue, here is an article that should show you the way: Plug-in Administration in Reaper