Keyboard Size for Strummed Acoustic

SparkyCanada
SparkyCanada Member Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Hello.

I’m a bit new to all of this and really appreciate all the help so far!

I just purchased my first library called “Strummed Acoustic 2”

I am looking for a keyboard to use and would like to know if I need a full length keyboard - or would I have access to all the features with something like the A25?

I noticed that the different options are spread along a longer keyboard - but would something like the A25 recognize the different key settings and condense it to a smaller format - or would they just not be accessible…

Thanks,

Sparky

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The A25 only gives you a 2-octave range (+1) and the library does not "resize" to fit the KB. In certain situations, depending on the Key Range you set (using the transpose buttons) you will find yourself not being able to trigger key switches (lower notes) and playable keys simultaneously (higher Notes). So, to effectively use the library (which spans about a 4-octave range including key switches) the minimum number of keys should be 48...So the A49 and up would work. Hope that helps!!

• SparkyCanada
    Answer ✓

Very helpful - thank you for the detailed information Blindeddie…

Sparky

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The A25 only gives you a 2-octave range (+1) and the library does not "resize" to fit the KB. In certain situations, depending on the Key Range you set (using the transpose buttons) you will find yourself not being able to trigger key switches (lower notes) and playable keys simultaneously (higher Notes). So, to effectively use the library (which spans about a 4-octave range including key switches) the minimum number of keys should be 48...So the A49 and up would work. Hope that helps!!

• SparkyCanada
    Answer ✓

Very helpful - thank you for the detailed information Blindeddie…

Sparky

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I used to have S61 and it was disturbing me, that I could not access all notes range and key switches at the same time. I do not say, it is not possible to use such a setup. Just it was not convenient for me.

So, I have switched to S88 and I am happy. Beside full access I also apreciate hammer-like keybed. It fits me better.

But S88 is real huge and heavy. I cannot imagine to carry it with me (I did carry S61, but it was so, so.). For that case, I have S25, or I use Maschine Jam in Piano Roll, if I am lazy to carry S25.

But all this is very personal. Different people, different needs and preferences, mainly when it comes to compromise....