Punk rock downstroke 8ths?

Jhugo
Jhugo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Is there a way with the electric sunburst deluxe that I can make it so it sounds like there are repeated downstroke 8th notes as a pattern? Trying to recreate that green day/blink 182 pop punk sound and not in a full muted way. If anyone has suggestions for patterns to use and best tone or pedal board effects to utilize I'd greatly appreciate it!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Only thing I could find is the Southern Rock Shuffle D (+6) pattern. Load up that pattern, then open the Inspector panel and shorten the pattern to two beats...that will give you straight 1/8ths and kind of sounds like downstrokes...

for the tone, the default one is OK, but I would suggest changing the first effect to the Tube Skreamer and turn off Replika (delay). then adjust to taste!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Only thing I could find is the Southern Rock Shuffle D (+6) pattern. Load up that pattern, then open the Inspector panel and shorten the pattern to two beats...that will give you straight 1/8ths and kind of sounds like downstrokes...

for the tone, the default one is OK, but I would suggest changing the first effect to the Tube Skreamer and turn off Replika (delay). then adjust to taste!

• Jhugo
    Jhugo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer