Is Battery 5 coming soon ?

Nishant
Nishant Member Posts: 22 Member
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

Should we anticipate a battery 5 launch in the coming months?

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

I don't know everything that's going on and I can't share what is actively coming up but I don't think that is going to be Battery 5. Please don't take my word for it in case it's some sort of secret project 😬

• HowlingUlf
    HowlingUlf Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hi ppl! :D

I just got the summer sale NI Komplete and found Battery 4 in there and it's as lame as I remember it from previous versions of Komplete. I used to love Battery 3 and was terrified when I saw how lambasted the downgraded Battery 4 was. Just about everything got worse??? How could someone possibly release that strange creature? What happened? Was the B3 team fired?

The only way forward is to take the framework/workflow/experience of Battery 3 and update it and add some 2022 era features and say "Sorry! Battery 4 was a bad idea. Let's move forward" and be done with it. Why? Because B3 still rocks although it's age is really starting to shine throuogh what's left of the lacquer! :)

Imagine Battery 5 ...

• ozan
    ozan Member Posts: 14 Member

Will there at least be an Apple Silicon and VST3 update or is it abandoned

Thanks

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited July 2022

Should be in few months. My guess is it (AS & VST3) will come with Komplete 14.

• Nishant
    Nishant Member Posts: 22 Member

@HowlingUlf

You might be interested in the new Tal Drum plugin, which improves on some of the good features in battery 3.

TAL Software (tal-software.com)

• colystuart
    colystuart Member Posts: 1 Member

what was in battery 3 that can not be done in battery 4?

• vgbb
    vgbb Member Posts: 1 Member

Battery 4 problems (That I didn't have on Battery 3), my experience (Mojave, Logic Pro X):

If you have (like in my case, 300k samples) a big sample library and you scan it all, Battery become unusable, really slow, in particular every time you open a new session of battery as VST it takes like 10 seconds to open, also if you already have a session open it takes a lot.

Never had this problems with Battery3, it was way faster.