Arturia Analog Lab V not showing up in Maschine 2 browser

Options
Tim Hostetler
Tim Hostetler Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi guys, thanks to all of you in advance.

I just installed Analog lab v from splice, everything works fine except that I can't find presets and load them from the Maschine 2 browser. Does anyone know a fix for this? I've installed the resources on my D drive once, along with the 32 and 64 bit dll's to the default folder. When that didn't work I reinstalled v lab with its resources to the c program data folder, and then put the dll's in Maschine 2's vst folders. This still hasn't worked and I have let komplete kontrol standalone scan multiple times and still nothing shows up in the browser. I can still load the plugin and browse + load sounds inside of it, but it would really rock if I could load from the Maschine 2 browser.

I have the kk m32 and a mikro mk3. I'm on windows 11 with 64 bit processor.

Best Answers

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    edited July 2022
    Options

Analog Lab is not NKS compatible, I believe the main reason is because it is kind of the preset browser for the Arturia keyboard like NKS is for Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.

However because many people still want to access AL using NKS and have it available to Maschine/KK auto-mapped there is a compatibility library available here:

• Tim Hostetler
    Options

Dang, well thanks.. I swear it was two years ago or so that I saw Native Instruments announce or confirm that they made Arturia stuff and others NKS compatible, or maybe when I almost bought an Arturia keyboard it said that they were now NKS compatible. I'll have to pick up that pack when I can, thanks.

• JesterMgee
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes... Arturia synths are NKS compatible (well most of them, the latest ones are still not but seems NKS is always rather delayed) but specifically Analog Lab is not, hence the need to create a separate library for it.

Says on their page that ALV does not have NKS, but the Arturia V bundle does (except as mentioned the very latest plugins but maybe they will some time in the future).

• Tim Hostetler
    Options

I see... (cries)

Well I am glad you knew all that and thanks for helping me. Super cool dude, thanks.

• JesterMgee
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Yeah, comes from managing 3rd party NKS libraries for 7 years :)

The library linked will add full functionality tho, it will be listed in your User library but if you are kind of handy with (pretty basic) computer hackery you can get the library added with your factory listed libraries easily enough following this simple guide:

• Tim Hostetler
    Options

Wow 7 years, that's awesome dude. Niceee! I've been using Maschine mikro and software since 2011 I think. I've never had komplete or really any 3rd party stuff. I've been moving around a lot since then, lost mk1 and mk2 mikro sold.. and I had to sell off my reaktor and expansions licenses.. just now building back up. I wont let it go this time..

• Tim Hostetler
    Options

Thanks for the edit, I should be able to figure it out.