Battery 4 "Plugin Not Found" in Komplete Kontrol with fresh Komplete 13 install

Jason Mars
Jason Mars Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

I purchased Komplete 13 yesterday and installed everything. However, "Plugin Not Found" occurs when trying to loud Battery 4 in Komplete Kontrol. I have tried everything within https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210276145 and the issue still persists.

I'm running Logic Pro X on MacOS Monterey 12.4. I do not have any NI software or hardware besides Komplete 13.

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Does the standalone version work or is that missing as well? If standalone is installed, does Battery load in KK standalone or same message? You don’t mention if in the first step in the article if you were able to find the plugin files…are they there? Does the plugin show as registered in KK preferences? (Edit -> Preferences -> Plugins -> Manager)

• Jason Mars

1) It does not load in the standalone either.

2) The .vst file can be found but the .vst3 is not in the VST3 folder.

3) Within KK preferences -> plugins -> manager, only kontakt is showing (vst and vst3).

• Blindeddie
    edited July 2022

not seeing the VST3 makes sense as Battery is not VST3 yet…my bad, should have mentioned that…so if Battery is not listed as a VST in KK, make sure that in Prefs that the location you found the Battery VST at is listed for scanning…(same prefs page, just click on the locations button. And you mentioned “Standalone”, but you did not state if it was KK standalone or Battery Standalone, so assuming you meant KK…

• Jason Mars

Battery works fine as a standalone and in Logic Pro X. However, it isn't loading, and neither are the expansion packs that use it, within KK standalone or in Logic Pro X.

I have tried reinstalling Battery 4, and Battery 4 Factory Library, a couple of times to no avail. I'm guessing it is not a Logic Pro X issue since it isn't working in the standalone.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Well it appears that more plugins besides Battery are not being scanned and registered by KK… like every plugin besides Kontakt! (And any third party plugins you may have) Since this seems to be an issue with Komplete Kontrol, I would suggest trying an uninstall/Reinstall of KK

here is a link how to uninstall on Mac.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000596778-Uninstalling-NI-Software-from-a-Mac-Computer-VIDEO-

• Jason Mars

Thank you. This fully resolved the issue.