Where can I buy the library for Kontakt 3?

Chrisulrich
Chrisulrich Member Posts: 38 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Dear NI/Anybody.

I've got Kontakt 3 (so 32-bit!) have had, used and loved it and its library for years. But I've just had an external hard drive crash - and I've lost the whole factory library.

Anyone know where I can BUY (note that I'm not asking for a dodgy download!) another copy of the Kontakt 3 library? Or, failing that, New Agey pad presets for Kontakt 3 (as those were what I mainly used)

It was my go-to VST for New Age pads so without it, I'm feeling kinda lost. And my DAW's 32-bit, so I don't THINK I can use Komplete Start, can I? Or is there a 32-bit Komplete Start somewhere I don't know about?

I'd really love a Kontakt 3 library again, though....

Yours hopefully

Chris.

Tagged:

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

Oh, that's waay too old. I don't think there's any chance at all to get it back.

Komplete Start, as well as the other paid Komplete versions, requires a 64-bit OS. 32-bit is quite ancient nowadays.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 997 Guru

Well apart from the age (you don't mention WHY you're still running 32 bit software) if you bought the license to use Kontakt 3 then you still have that license. You don't need to buy it again.

• Chrisulrich

Dear PK.

But I don't have the sounds cos the hard drive crashed. So - and I know I'm ignorant - presumably I'd have to get them again. Which would mean re-downloding them. Can't find anywhere on the NI site to re-download them so I'm trying to be honest and re-purchase them. Suppose there COULD be a cracked version to redownlod for free somewhere but I'm trying to be honest!

Yours a little puzzledly

Chris.

• Chrisulrich

Dear Monochrome.

I'm running 32-bit software because it's a DAW - Quick Score Elite Level 2 - I actually understand. I've never understood any other DAW well enough to write music with it. It's a pure notation DAW and all the other ones seem to use piano roll, which is 'orrible. You can't see more than one instrument at once with piano roll, it's too big. You can with notation, it's one stave one instrument.

I've tried using Cakewalk and failed miserably - for starters it's a processor muncher, for seconds I just don't see what's going on with it. What I'm after, Kontakt aside, is just a nice large library of pad sounds, New Agey ones, think Karunesh, Aeoliah, Yellow Brick Cinema, Vangelis, Kitaro, those kind of people. Do you know where I could get a 32-bit library of those kind of sounds for Kontakt, or do you know of any other VST that wuld have them?

Finally, do you understand JBRIDGE? Can't make it work for me, dunno why, that would solve all my probs. could use Komplete Start then! If I detailed the probs. I have with it, could you help me work out what I'm doing wrong?

Yours hopefully

Chris.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 997 Guru
    edited July 2022

@Chrisulrich

Can't find anywhere on the NI site to re-download

You don't download from the site. Downloads are done via Native Access.

I'd suggest taking a look at Dorico from Steinberg. There's also Sibelius and Finale.