Feature Suggestion Plugins vs. VSTS

feet1stmusic
feet1stmusic Member Posts: 3 Member

Plugins vs. VSTS while using Maschine

Yall need to have an instruments section within the sound choice as opposed to just in the libraries area. When I am selecting a virtual instrument (for example) from Soft Tube, I have to go through all Soft Tube plugins instead to select a VI like Statement Lead.

When you hit the plus button on a sound there should be 2 folders, Instruments & Effects

Also while we are at it. Y'all should have a

1 standard tuner plugin you can add to your signal chain (do determine if a sound is off or help find a note))

2 some form of native pitch correction to help quickly fix sounds

3 Fine Pitch adjuster within the sampler that requires adjustment less than a cent

4 A mono button on the sampler. or simple stereo to mono plugin

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

1 Very old request.

2 Even older request, said to be coming after audio tracks, never arrived.

3 Fine adjust is a key combo, like Shift+Adjust, should be in the manual for whatever OS you are running.

4 One of the oldest requests.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

🔝 It's precisely as @Flexi said.

For the browser you can kind of fix it by making your own presets and tag them, altho I would also like 2 different dropdowns for FX and Instruments and at least being able to use the keyboard keys to focus on plugins/brands that start with the letter we press.

I suggest you don't sit around waiting for things that have been massively requested for about 10 years to actually happen, find 3rd party plugs or workarounds when it applies.

• feet1stmusic
    feet1stmusic Member Posts: 3 Member

@Flexi

as per 1,2,4 if aint been fixed ima still complain about it. Lmk if you ever have a real solution, like who to contact or create a petition. Commenting "old request" isn't helpful

as per 3 - I am aware of that. I am suggesting an easier way to do it, such as a knob next to pitch called fine pitch. Adjusting the actual wav is a bit of a slower/archaic process for something so important

@D-One thankyou for your response of "find a 3rd party plugin to do it". Really helpful

How about y'all take it out on Native Instruments instead of attacking me for complaining about already known issues?

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

OK, you are obviously new around here, nobody attacked you, you will find "Very old request" etc is just a very common saying here, in fact, it is a "Very old" saying, it was not a slight at you on my or D-Ones behalf, go and look and see how many user request ever get completed, that is not how NI work.

NI add esoteric stuff and say "You really wanted this" and very few people really use it, or everybody loves it and it just becomes the norm.

Maschine has a strong core feature set from its initial original design, beyond that expect nothing to be added, and honestly, request nothing to be added, because it is very unlikely.

Again, nothing was a slight at you at all, just old users trying to pass on our acceptance of what you will come around to at some point (D-One is right, find a plugin to do it)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited July 2022

@D-One thankyou for your response of "find a 3rd party plugin to do it". Really helpful

How about y'all take it out on Native Instruments instead of attacking me for complaining about already known issues?

No one is attacking you, quite the opposite... just providing info.

My response was not meant to be rude or snarky towards you, it was friendly advice from one musician to another. If you need a tuner then get a tuner-vst for example. Another example is me complaining about mono for years, publicly and privately directly with NI, it never amounted to anything so I personally gave up...

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/play-convert-samples-to-mono.320130/

and got me a mono vst plug; the thread above is 5 years old. 🤷‍♂️

Good luck with your requests tho, honestly.