Hardware pedal for Guitar Rig 5 and 6

Options
ACEric
ACEric Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

I see that there used to be a couple different foot pedal controllers from NI for GR2 and 3. What are people using now with GR 5 and 6?

Tagged:

Comments

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    Options

I’m using an Xsonic airstep together with GR6 and this works very well! GR doesn’t send MIDI messages to display the on/off state of an effect, that’s a downside. Apart from that, smooth controller. https://xsonicaudio.com/pages/airstep

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

I'm from the Behringer faction:

FCB1010. I'm also satisfied.

• Axel Vapaa
    Axel Vapaa Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi all,

I've got a question concerning potentially buying a pedal board for Guitar Rig 6.

First, is there one thing that I need to look for when buying to make sure the pedal board works with GR6?

Second, can you have the sounds loaded (from GR6) into the pedal board? Meaning, when I'm on stage, I don't need a computer to have the sounds, and I can just have my pedal board loaded with the sounds from GR6???

Thanks for the help! =)

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    Options

@Axel Vapaa The MIDI footcontroller you choose depends on your personal preference. Look & feel of the pedal will make the difference, just take a good look at the specs. Regarding the second question, you always need to connect the laptop during your performance. You can not download the presents to an off-line device.

• Craig1043
    Craig1043 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the old Guitar Rig pedal board, will it still work with Gtr Rig 7. They use to with 5... but it doesn't seem to be working.

• JBrian
    JBrian Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have Rig Kontrol 3 working on Windows 10 as a MIDI controller with Guitar Rig 7 in standalone mode. To get Rig Kontrol 3 working, I installed the Rig Kontrol 3 driver and Controller Editor 1.7.4.

Rig Kontrol 3 won't work as a standalone audio interface but the MIDI Learn function can be used with Rig Kontrol to control the switches and knobs within the Guitar Rig modules.

You will need to run Rig Kontrol 3 alongside the audio interface you use for audio input and output. I use my Evo4 interface for sound input and output and Rig Kontrol 3 as the controller.

The LED display on Rig Kontrol 3 will indicate "con." In Preferences, I selected Rig Kontrol 3 as the MIDI controller. I can turn knobs with the on-board pedal and two external expression pedals I connected and I can use the footswitches to control anything that's on-off/up-down. MIDI Learn is accessed by hovering the mouse pointer over the knob or switch you want to control and right-clicking.

• nemesis72
    nemesis72 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Guys!

I would like to know, the FCB1010 works with macOS? I’ve GR6pro.

Thanks the help!

• Anthony H
    Anthony H Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

@nemesis72 the FCB1010 is a midi controller, so doesn't necessarily need any computer. But the answer to your question is basically "YES".

There are free editors available for macOS which let you set up the FCB1010 much easier than doing it manually on the pedal board itself. I use this https://mountainutilities.eu/fcb1010 and it works for me. There are good tutorials on YouTube how to set it up. You do need to use a proper MIDI cable because there is no USB connection. 👍🏻