ABLETON LINK - PLEASE allow Traktor Decks to become MASTER.

leesinthemix
leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru
edited October 2022 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow Traktor Decks to become the master when LINK is enabled, therefore allowing us to beatmatch manually using HID or Timecode.

It's completely counter intuitive to have to rely on MIDI Sync to make this happen for a number of my use cases for Traktor.

This is something that Serato does with ease.

Tagged:
24 votes

Closed · Last Updated

This idea did not receive enough support from the community.

Comments

• leesinthemix
    edited July 2022

Update: It's now possible to do this in Rekordbox. Traktor is last in this area.

Please upvote if you haven't already. A really key feature in today's market.

• DJ R.I.O.D
    DJ R.I.O.D Member Posts: 1 Member

Absolutely necessary for machine users !

• leesinthemix
    edited August 2022

Thanks for all the support so far.

Bumping to the top, we need 30 votes for this feature to go into review by the Traktor team.

A little more context here for the Traktor team.

I am a long time Traktor user, but currently use Serato for my private event/corporate events where I sync lighting from Soundswitch and a Wolfmix W1 over Ableton Link.

I can't do this with Traktor, as I'm unable to adjust the pitch of Track Decks when using media players over HID. If Serato can make this happen, then some adjustments to Traktor should be possible too?

At home, I'd like to be able to merge Ableton, Maschine and a TR8 with my XDJ1000 MK2s, a Xone 96 and my external effects, but I have to rely on MIDI sync to make this happen, which means I can't beatmatch manually with the XDJs and be in phase with every piece of gear at the same time.

I also need to have multiple cables and two audio interfaces, which takes up space and USB bandwidth.

• leesinthemix

Hey @Kaiwan_NI

Really interested to hear your feedback on the feasibility for making this change in Traktor?

With this change there will be an additional benefit to syncing lighting with Traktor that currently isn't possible with Serato or Rekordbox. Traktor will become the best use case out of all DJ software for syncing lighting with DJ setups, for people who don't or can't use Timecode.

Example...

Deck A is playing a track at 130bpm and is currently MASTER, as master is set to AUTO. Soundswitch is synced to Traktor through Ableton Link.

Deck B is being cue'd, but will be played at 95bpm after Deck A finishes. Deck B automatically becomes the MASTER deck and the Ableton Clock and Soundswitch come down to 95bpm.

Unfortunately, doing this in Serato is quite fiddly, because even though you can sync track decks to the Ableton Clock and pull the session clock up and down in pitch using the tempo fader, they cannot become the master for that clock. If I was to do this in Serato, Deck B would start playing at 130bpm, which is obviously not desirable.

• leesinthemix

Bump, let's keep up the votes on this please gang 😊

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hey, thanks a lot for submitting this idea. Unfortunately it didn't receive enough votes over the allotted time. We're closing this post.

Note that our ideas section doesn't reflect the Traktor team's backlog. Even if this idea hasn't been brought up to the team at this time, that doesn't mean it'll never be implemented in the future.

For more info about how your feedback reaches NI, please have a look here.

This discussion has been closed.