How do I set Kontact plugin to different BMP then my DAW

TroCat
TroCat Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I want to set the Komplete Kontroll or just Kontact plugin BMP to 1/2 of what my DAW is locked into. How do I set the BMP of my Kontact plugin differently than the DAW? Can this even be done in the session? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

This is done in Kontakt...to get to the Master toolbar, click the "Workspace" icon (to the right of the gear) then select "Master", on that toolbar is a button labeled "EXT", deselect that button then adjust the BPM to half of the project BPM.

Answers

• Blindeddie

I believe you can disable host tempo by turning off “Ext” in the tempo section of the Master toolbar…then set to the desired tempo in Kontakt.

• TroCat

Thanks. I am still unclear. I am using Logic Pro X 10.7.6. Are you saying on the DAW toolbar, or the on the plugin window? I been in the preferences in the plugin window, I don't see an option for it.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

This is done in Kontakt...to get to the Master toolbar, click the "Workspace" icon (to the right of the gear) then select "Master", on that toolbar is a button labeled "EXT", deselect that button then adjust the BPM to half of the project BPM.

• TroCat

Awe man! I see now. Thank you so much!