How to force patterns to start at their beggining

Felipe Paiva
Felipe Paiva Member Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Hello guys

I'd like to force my different patterns to start always at their begining when they are launched. Today the only way that I have to do this is by linking the pattern into a new Scene, and thus pretty much sucks...

Any way to handle this request?

All the best!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you can only doing this with scenes, if you switch out a pattern the playhead just goes on and plays the pattern at the position it is.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you can only doing this with scenes, if you switch out a pattern the playhead just goes on and plays the pattern at the position it is.

• Felipe Paiva

Thanks for the answer mate. Thing is, for people doing live sets with Maschine, this is a HUGE drawback. It means that we have to create Scenes for building the live set, and thus making it really difficult to add any improvisation of track changes between sets.

Notice that this is totally feasible with Live...and I've already seen a tread asking for this feature. Maybe in a near future? I'd like to be sure on this before I switch to Ableton Live :)

• Felipe Paiva

Still no news from NI on this feature?? :/

• Rilkecat
    Rilkecat Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited November 2022

I agree with you, as you say it is a huge drawback for performing live.

I also work with M for live sets, using it as a groovebox, though some issues always get me mad, like this, or the illogical response of some buttons like MIXER or BROWSE :P

I however add a Nanokontrol to control the mixer.

Do you use external devices or just rely 100% on maschine for live?

• Felipe Paiva

I used to rely only in Maschine + Jam for my lives, but I finally gave Ableton a try...and I'm pretty happy with the result.

I'll keep Maschine + Jam for my composition workflow (really performant), but for my lives I'm having all my loops into Ableton, and that works pretty fine

Cheers