NKR relative saving

Phil Massi
Phil Massi Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

I am building a library and when I move it to a different folder it asks for the NKR missing file. How do I set the NKR as a relative path?

Best Answers

• Phil Massi
    Answer ✓

Evil, after I runned several tests I found the answer.

I had to move the samples to inside instruments folder together with the nki and then relative save including the samples. Save as + subfolder. That solved the whole thing. It was pretty tough to find the answer for that.

I am sorry Kontakt is so non intuitive about this detail and does not work correctly in any other way. Now, no matter where I move my library it does not ask for anything.

The nkr stays in the prokect folder, outside the instrument folder. i am leaving this here for anyone who strugles with the same issue.

Thanks a lot. Take care.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

You could've just batch resaved the root folder of the sample library that was affected, and that would've also sorted it out.

• EvilDragon

Batch resave will work on other machines normally as long as Absolute paths checkbox is disabled in the save dialog (when you save the NKI normally). The state of this checkbox is saved globally in registry, so absolutely (sic) make sure it's off!

I'm confused though - you want to make it for older versions, but then batch resave makes it so that older versions can't open the instrument? For this you should have created your instrument in that older version of Kontakt, and of course using batch resave in that older version of Kontakt would be just fine - as it's saving the NKIs with that particular version of Kontakt you want users to use at minimum.

Answers

• EvilDragon

Hmmm NKR should be contained within the library's folder, so moving that folder should also make the NKR work fine regardless...

• Phil Massi
    Answer ✓

Evil, after I runned several tests I found the answer.

I had to move the samples to inside instruments folder together with the nki and then relative save including the samples. Save as + subfolder. That solved the whole thing. It was pretty tough to find the answer for that.

I am sorry Kontakt is so non intuitive about this detail and does not work correctly in any other way. Now, no matter where I move my library it does not ask for anything.

The nkr stays in the prokect folder, outside the instrument folder. i am leaving this here for anyone who strugles with the same issue.

Thanks a lot. Take care.

• EvilDragon

You could've just batch resaved the root folder of the sample library that was affected, and that would've also sorted it out.

• Phil Massi

I considered using it but in this case this library would not open in older kontakt versions.

I am not sure batch resave also would work in other people's computer in a way it would not ask for any path.

I am starting a small business selling kontakt libraries, so the idea is anyone opens it straightforward with no path asking of any kind and old version users wouldnt be excluded as well.

• EvilDragon

Batch resave will work on other machines normally as long as Absolute paths checkbox is disabled in the save dialog (when you save the NKI normally). The state of this checkbox is saved globally in registry, so absolutely (sic) make sure it's off!

I'm confused though - you want to make it for older versions, but then batch resave makes it so that older versions can't open the instrument? For this you should have created your instrument in that older version of Kontakt, and of course using batch resave in that older version of Kontakt would be just fine - as it's saving the NKIs with that particular version of Kontakt you want users to use at minimum.

• Phil Massi

Thank you.