Native Acces get stuck while downloading Komplete 13

Tjitse
Tjitse Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi there,

With great pleasure I bought Komplete 13. The download is unfortunately not smooth and as expected. Large files and libraries (anything above 8GB) are slow in download. Or in most cases: nothing is downloaded.

• When you click 'Install All' in Native Acces: after more than 24 hours there where 3 libraries installed. And all current downloads are frozen.
  • If I manually install by library, the major libraries also freeze during download. (Even after several hours of waiting.)

Am I patient? Yes, because the Mac has been downloading for over 24 hours and I'm not even at a quarter, of the complete Komplete yet.

My specs:

• I'm on a direct LAN internet-connection with 1gb upload/download on a fiber-network.
  • Native Acces downloads go to an external (2tb) Samsung SSD.
  • I'm on a iMac with SSD.

My questions for the forum:

• Is the NI server really very slow?
  • So 'Install All' is actually not possible because the downloads freeze? And is downloading everything manually the solution?
  • And what about the big libraries? How to download them, if there are freeze?

Thank you very much for all your input and answers.

All the best from the Netherlands.

Tjitse

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Tjitse Sorry to comment so late after the problem. Please note that our support agents can provide alternative download links when users encounter difficulties downloading through Native Access. Here is a link to get in touch for you or for those who might need it: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

#1 - Yes the servers are not super fast, so regardless of your UL/DL speeds installs can take some time.

#2 - "Install All" is all but useless when downloading a vast collection like Komplete...🙄

#3 - Its a try and try again situation with large libraries.

Surely not the answers you were looking for, but it is what it is!!!

• Tjitse

Well, thanks anyway for your answers. All good. I keep trying... (everything manually).

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Also worth installing in chunks so you can start to get the feel for them. IIRC the effects all install fast, so you feel you’ve achieved something when you get them all done. You might want to do the expansions one at a time, and play with one while the next downloads

• Tjitse

Hi Tony, that's right and thanks you. But the thing is also: my iMac is still downloading the Emotive Strings library for over 12 hours. And it's the 5th time I want to download this... and the whole and the download freezes after some time.

Very frustrating...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Tjitse Sorry to comment so late after the problem. Please note that our support agents can provide alternative download links when users encounter difficulties downloading through Native Access. Here is a link to get in touch for you or for those who might need it: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install