How to remove a device from the list of devices on Maschine Plus?

S Righteous
S Righteous Member Posts: 148 Helper
edited July 2022 in Maschine

It is a workflow killer to switch from regular mode to storage mode to load samples into the M+, so I figured I could just add samples to a USB stick and copy them over by using that and not switching modes.

The M+ recognizes the USB stick, I was able to load samples, and then I saved a group and program which used these, hoping that would copy the samples onto the SD card. But there is no "save with samples" option like there is in the software.

I did a restart and loaded my program and it can't find the samples. Not a huge deal, but when I go to look for one shots, the USB stick still shows up with it's list of samples even though it is not connected. It thinks I wanted to use this as permanent storage (Which is what the SD card is for) - totally an unexpected limitation of this device.

But now, how do I tell M+ that this USB stick no longer exists? I don't want those samples in my list of one-shots when they are un-loadable.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• S Righteous
    Answer ✓

I figured it out.

First I tried re-adding the USB stick and then going to Storage and ejecting it. It says it was ejected, but it and it's samples still showed.

In settings, under Library, there is a USER button (never noticed it before, because it does not show your SD card) - when you go there, it will list the USB stick as if it were an installed library. It showed it as missing and allowed me to 'Remove' it.

Problem solved - I'm leaving this post for me to find in five years when this happens again and I forget what the fix was. . . . .

Answers

• S Righteous

When I am in the sample listing where it shows my USB stick (for one shots) I have used the 'rescan' option and it did not clear out the USB stick.

When I am in the Storage screen where you can eject or format a device, the USB stick is not listed.

It is permanently part of my M+

DOH!

• S Righteous

I now see there is a "save with samples" option. That's a serious relief.

That is crucial to my M+ in sync with my computer - copying projects and groups back and forth.

But I still see a USB stick in my M+ list of samples, and a list of samples which are not available. . .

• S Righteous
    Answer ✓

I figured it out.

First I tried re-adding the USB stick and then going to Storage and ejecting it. It says it was ejected, but it and it's samples still showed.

In settings, under Library, there is a USER button (never noticed it before, because it does not show your SD card) - when you go there, it will list the USB stick as if it were an installed library. It showed it as missing and allowed me to 'Remove' it.

Problem solved - I'm leaving this post for me to find in five years when this happens again and I forget what the fix was. . . . .