Mk3 Mikro controlling external synths

2wycked
2wycked Member Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

I asked this a while back and someone suggested using this MIDI interface https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HMWJWDW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

But I still cant get it to work.

I changed the prefrences for MIDI to send clock and selected the input to the MK3 and output to midi interface, connected to a Moog minitaur bass synth via the usb to midi adaptor and the MK3 doesnt control the moog and the audio for the MK3 only plays on the laptop speakers not the speakers the moog is connected to.

Best Answer

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Answer ✓

And the bit with audio is confusing. The mk3 doesn’t produce any audio, it’s the computer that does. The audio can’t go down midi connections and the minotaur would need an audio in

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

I'm a little confused here... you mention mk3 mikro in your subject, but then simply call it MK3 in your post. Which one is it?

Reason I ask is because the Mikro does not have any MIDI out connectors, so you obviously wouldn't be able to control anything unless of course you're using the software to output stuff.

Thing is though.... while I could be overlooking something here I'm not convinced that the Maschine software would output MIDI control messages, there's most certainly note data that can be sent but... another reason why I think in this direction is the Maschine software itself. With Live (or: "most DAW's") I can specifically set up what kind of MIDI data I want to make available for output. Yet... not so much with Maschine.

Therefor my suggestion would be to use a DAW as a "relay" for all this.

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Answer ✓

And the bit with audio is confusing. The mk3 doesn’t produce any audio, it’s the computer that does. The audio can’t go down midi connections and the minotaur would need an audio in

• bosone
    bosone Member Posts: 13 Member

can Maschine software direct MIDI signal from a gourp to an external synth/DAW?