Trying to figure out FX

2»

Comments

• WesleyD
    WesleyD Member Posts: 17 Member

thanks for the input Sacco Naz. I agree, having control over all 4 decks is nice.

I may try and do something with my Livid Instruments Ohm 64 + the Z1. And That A&H setup you've got looks great! I've worked on their mixers before, great build quality.

What the other pieces of your rig? That location looks like a great place to perform, awesome atmosphere.

I'm not giving up on Traktor altogether, I still love the iPad/Z1 combo. But I like the idea of having a Pioneer controller so I could jump in with a USB and play in clubs and whatnot.

• WesleyD
    WesleyD Member Posts: 17 Member

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this thread, but lord-carlos, you may be right.

The FLX-6 does feel pretty cheap. and it cost an extra couple hundred euro over the ddj400. I like having the 4 channel mixer though. The knobs do feel better than the S3. But I don't like that it doesn't have a power supply. the thing drains my laptop battery, the power supply can't supply enough juice.

It also makes a high pitched whining when plugged in. That's pretty much a deal killer. The "merge FX" are kinda neat, but in no way something you'd want to use for serious DJ'ing. super gimmicky. kinda surprised Pioneer would go for that...

Not sure what the future holds. I may pick up an S4. May try to do my own mapping with MIDI controllers.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,312 Expert

But I don't like that it doesn't have a power supply. the thing drains my laptop battery, the power supply can't supply enough juice.

@WesleyD

Your laptop is plugged in but it still keeps draining the battery?

Crazy. Maybe a higher wattage charger would help. You could also buy a powered USB hub.

It also makes a high pitched whining when plugged in.

The device itself or through the speakers. Either way I'm somewhat surprised by it.

You will probably get tired of the MergerFX pretty quickly.

Good luck and keep the post comming.