A lot of crashes on Maschine MK3

Impermanence
Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Today I have had a lot crashes. I have been working with quite simple stuff mostly. Maschine has crashed when I have touched the encoder in order to move the playhead. Maschine has crashed when I have uploaded a sound. It has crashed when I have tweaked the panning. Nothing fancy going on. Only NI and Soundwide stuff.

Full on crashes. Freezes

How is this performance instrument? It is not stable enough for even producing at the moment.

I would really like to spread positivity, but this is just...

There are a lot of requests, but stability should be there.

Im working on MacBook Air

Tagged:

Comments

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

Faulty USB cable or hub? Mk3 is 99% stable here. Maybe added a new plugin?

• Impermanence
    edited July 2022

Thank you for your input!

It wasn’t that. I have huge hopes, that changing the audio interface will help. Built in audio interface gives me numbers around 70ms while Maschine and Minifuse give me something around 10ms. There isn’t any noticable lag on built in audio interface though.

Im tired of troubleshooting.

Edit: It wasn't that either. Maybe the problem is that I had loaded 32mb .wav file into the sampler module. Let's see. High hopes.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Impermanence did you do any updates to your system lately?

• August Alchemy
    August Alchemy Member Posts: 21 Member

Second the updates..... I seriously don't know why, but Maschine is just picky when it comes to updates to drivers from audio interfaces, display, usb, etc. etc. can cause problems. if you didn't have any problems before and all of the sudden you do know, check to see if any drivers have updated lately.

• Impermanence

I can’t remember if I did any. The problem has not occurred since I deleted audio module from project I was working on. I haven’t really used Maschine that much during this week, but no crashes. One really long freeze though.

Thank you for taking intrest.

I will put my energy learing to use Circuit Rythm I just bought. I’m planning to use it as secondary live device and a crash shield. No way I’m dropping Maschine since it is super in most cases.

The combo seems to be super fun and kind of crash proof.

Keep it up!