Studio Drummer/Logic Pro X/Roland V-Drums recording together?

Chris Newcomb
Chris Newcomb Member Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Hello...newbie here...I have Studio Drummer which I am trying to multi-output into Logic Pro X. I have a Roland V-Drums TD-17 kit. I cannot make them work. I am at my wit's end. I would like to be able to use sounds from Studio Drummer but also the Roland brain (as a secondary sample source). I use a United Audio Volt 2|76 audio interface. There has to be a way to use the three together. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Exactly "How" do you want to use them together? It is not clear what you are trying to accomplish.

• Chris Newcomb
    Chris Newcomb Member Posts: 2 Member

Sorry about that...I wanted to record drum tracks using the Roland to physically lay the beats down but use the sounds from Studio Drummer and have each drum on it's own track to EQ etc. Is that more clear, I hope?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

I’ve seen videos of people using edrums to trigger drum vsts, so it should be possible. How are you connecting the midi from the Roland

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Load Studio Drummer as an Instrument, then on the options tab in Kontakt, select one of the "TD" midi mapping presets. then send midi out from the TD to Logic and select as an input for the Instrument track.

here is a video of how to do it with Kontakt Standalone...(different kit but same principle) Maybe start there to at least get the kit working.

https://youtu.be/oVrZcWINzbc