Is there a way to find all untagged Nkis on your system?

ZeroZero
ZeroZero Member Posts: 30 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Is there a way to find all untagged Nkis on your system? I am trying to tidy up my system. Currently I have a low level of confidence in my K database. Is there a way to find all untagged NKI's so that I can then edit them?

thank you

Z

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

NKIs don't necessarily contain tags - they need to be manually added.

The only way to do what OP wants is search all your hard drives for .nki extension, add all the folders containing them to the database, then you would see which ones have any tags or not.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Correct ED so i deleted my wrong post, i somehow mixed NKI with NKS, i guess I need 10 coffee more, so my brain gets started correctly.

• ZeroZero

I thought the database contained ONLY those nkis which are tagged? If an nki has no tags how can it appear in the database as it would be unsearchable by any criteria?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Database can absolutely contain patches that are not tagged. You can still search them by parts of filename at the very least.

• ZeroZero

Not meaning to be difficult here 😁....

I dont know the names of the untagged NKIs that's my point. I don't know which of my NKIs are tagged and which are not ergo I dont know their names or their parts. I have around a thousand.