How to enable Modulation for Session String 2 on Ableton ?

Kal38
Kal38 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Hi guys,

I saw this tutorial and at 2min30 he is modulating the expression.

I want to do the same with Ableton, but I don't know how to achieve it. I see "Midi ctrl" with "11 - Expression" like the following screenshot. I'm using Kontakt with StringSession 2.

But according to my research it corresponds to the Midi CC effects, so nothing to do with the expression of the notes that I play with Kontakt.

Does anyone know how to activate the modulation of the different elements (expression, pitch etc)?

Thanks !

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Expression slider in SS2 is indeed responding to MIDI CC 11. So that's exactly what you're doing there.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

Expression slider in SS2 is indeed responding to MIDI CC 11. So that's exactly what you're doing there.

• Kal38

Thank you for your reply. Indeed if so it's supposed to work, but I don't see any volume change from SS2. Same for all other CC-x parameters.

I will look at this in the evening : https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/using-kontakt-ableton-live.

• Kal38

I think I have to right click on a parameter in kontakt and then assign it to a Midi Cc-x controller maybe. I will try this evening.