How is the Audio Interface on the Maschine plus?

Options
August Alchemy
August Alchemy Member Posts: 21 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

I wasn't in the market for the plus, I've used the Studio at home forever, but my live set up crapped (old MK1 and audio interface) out on me. Instead of buying a $500 interface and getting a used MK3 I just got the plus.

I only play out maybe once a month and I'll be using it with Maschine software and a laptop. Are the drivers stable enough to at least run Maschine efficiently on a windows based pc?

Also is it possible to use the PLUS in standalone mode and an interface for a laptop at the same time?

Thanks

J

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

It's OK. It does the job for the most part but certainly is not even close to any 500$ interface, it's more of a 150$ interface at best IMHO and the only reason I go up to 150 is that the headphones are a separate output which is uncommon in cheap interfaces. (they usually just mirror the Main Outs in the low end class)

There are no drivers, It's a class-compliant interface so it should be as stable as your OS / computer is. Generally, custom drivers are something you see in the mid to high-class range of interfaces, not the cheap ones.

I only play out maybe once a month and I'll be using it with Maschine software and a laptop.

If you are gonna use a laptop (thus Controller Mode) anyway then why buy the M+ ?? Just curious. The Mk3 has the same interface as the M+ so if you bought a used MK3 as you said above then you would have the same setup for around 350-400$ (used).

An Mk3 with a laptop is the same as an M+ in controller mode with a laptop, exactly the same.

Also is it possible to use the PLUS in standalone mode and an interface for a laptop at the same time?

No, it's not possible.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

It's OK. It does the job for the most part but certainly is not even close to any 500$ interface, it's more of a 150$ interface at best IMHO and the only reason I go up to 150 is that the headphones are a separate output which is uncommon in cheap interfaces. (they usually just mirror the Main Outs in the low end class)

There are no drivers, It's a class-compliant interface so it should be as stable as your OS / computer is. Generally, custom drivers are something you see in the mid to high-class range of interfaces, not the cheap ones.

I only play out maybe once a month and I'll be using it with Maschine software and a laptop.

If you are gonna use a laptop (thus Controller Mode) anyway then why buy the M+ ?? Just curious. The Mk3 has the same interface as the M+ so if you bought a used MK3 as you said above then you would have the same setup for around 350-400$ (used).

An Mk3 with a laptop is the same as an M+ in controller mode with a laptop, exactly the same.

No, it's not possible.

• August Alchemy
    August Alchemy Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Thanks, that helps me. As long as it’s stable, meaning no drop outs, pops or crackles.

the why is a good question? I found one for 700. since I needed a mobile interface I thought it and it wasn’t that much more than a Mk3 , I thought it would be worth it to pay 350 to 400 more to have the standalone features, even if I won’t use them live.