Would Maschine Mikro be a fit for me?

lord-carlos
lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

Hello

I want to tip my toes into electronic music creation (House / Minimal / Techno 'ish)

But I don't want to spend too much money or time. Just a bit of casual playing around. With that I mean I don't want to crawl the web for samplers and beats.

A used Mikro mk3 can be had for ~130 EUR.

• Would that include enough instruments to create tracks from the same genre without sounding too similar / generic?
  • Can I copy and paste loops from Maschine into Traktor remix deck?

With kind regards

Comments

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor

I recommend getting one. Definitely fun to mess around with. I don't know about drag and drop into traktor

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

i just want to add you can drag and drop paterns/loops into traktor

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited July 2022

find a maschine MK2 controller...(not the mikro version)

its the better value controller... you wont regret it!!

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

I’d say go for it. I had one for a few years before buying a MK3

• lord-carlos

Mhh, it's the second time I hear this. The small size is kinda appealing.

I will have to think about it.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

the main difference between the two... is the screen...

you can see more visual information on the MK2 than you can on the mikro... this is only one of the benefits

do i need to mention how many extra buttons and encoders it has over the mikro too?

less buttons essentially equates to more mouse keyboard interaction and monitor interaction... as opposed to controller interaction!!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

The uber tiny screen on the Mikro Mk3 is really its biggest flaw IMO, quite the downgrade from the Mikro MK2 but regardless I'd say go for it, buy it and see if it works out for you, if it doesn't you can just sell it again for roughly the same price.

Just ask the seller if he has the license transfer ID ready to go before purchasing and do not buy any listing that says "without software".

• lord-carlos

Thank you for all the replies so far.

I will try to find a reasonable prices mk2 (non-mikro)

I assume it comes with the same software? (If I get the person to transfer it to me)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Yeah, same software for all controllers. If you're on a mac check the compatibility beforehand tho.