How to make a 3rd party Instruments show up in the Kontakt 6 Libraries tab?

wblackledg
wblackledg Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

I have a few instruments I've bought that do not have a Native Access Serial Number.

I can hunt the files down and get them to load and play in Kontakt but I want them to show up in the Library tab like everything else without having to remember where they are, and look them up to use.

Please point me to the documentation to do this.

thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You cannot do this, this is done by the encoding process for Player libraries, for which the developer of the library needs to pay licensing fees.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

You cannot do this, this is done by the encoding process for Player libraries, for which the developer of the library needs to pay licensing fees.

• wblackledg

Thanks for responding, but that sort of screws the end user. Its a buzzkill to have an idea in mind and then have to go hunting for the sound you were after. Once you deal with the technicalities of getting it loaded you forgot why you wanted it.

I realize NI needs to make $$$ but to be honest I'm looking at EastWest (Opus / Player) and especially Spitfire Audio and I prefer their newer interfaces to Kontakt and if they have an older library that does load into Kontakt Libraries, I tend to purchase their new products that bypass Kontakt all together.

Thanks again for the help.

• EvilDragon
    edited July 2022

Great majority of users are entirely fine with this, the divide between Player instruments and non-Player instruments has existed for 20 years now.

That said, Libraries tab is just slow to use once you have a lot of libraries.

• wblackledg

thanks for the help