Set up Thrill with XY pad on ipad

Muzza
Muzza Member Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

I am trying to use an ipad as an xy pad for Native Instruments "Thrill". I have downloaded touch osc with associated apps (protocol and Bridge) . My ipad is communicating with m PC through Bridge, and I have added Bridge as an external midi device in studio one . I just cant find where to assign the midi , or learn CC in Thrill or Studio One, hope you can help, Murray

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Go to the settings page (the crown looking icon).

• Muzza

Thanks for getting back, have tried clicking the 2 buttons (next the the cc numbers) still nothing

• Muzza

Should I bypass Komplete Kontrol Daw? to do this?

• EvilDragon

Double check over which MIDI channel you're sending those MIDI CCs from TouchOSC. Kontakt comes with a MIDI monitor multiscript (press KSP button in top right of Kontakt) which you can use to verify. Also, make sure to press the (i) button in instrument header (rather than having the camera icon selected), so that you can see to which MIDI channel Thrill is responding.

• Muzza

Thanks for getting back ED. To the best of my ability I think the send channel from ipad is channel one. Cant find where the cc send is. In S1 when I click KSP, its blank, 5 box's that say empty. With i on, says midi channel [A] 1.

Thanks for your patience, this is driving me nuts. nearly ready to give up on it but it looks like such a good tool to use.

• EvilDragon

So when you click KSP button and you get 5 empty slots, you press Preset button and then load Factory->Utilities->MIDI Monitor. Then you can monitor MIDI messages that Kontakt is receiving.

• Muzza

So it seems in all my mucking around I've sent something to the wrong place. At least I know the ipad is communicating with S1, as when I move the xy it is moving the Bank Select MSB blue line on track 2.

• EvilDragon

OK so that means your iPad is sending MIDI CC 0, not MIDI CC 1 or whatever you've set for XY pad controllers on the setup page of Thrill.