Midi Extend in Kontakt 6?

Michael Dow
Michael Dow Member Posts: 22 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Hi there all. Apologies if this has been posted before.

Does Midi Extend still not work in Kontakt 6? If not, what are the 16 Midi channels in B C and D midi input sections for? They are always "unavailable"

Or even just having more than 16 instruments within the window. Annoyingly i've maxed out my 16, and i've still got a few instruments to put in, which i was just going to make share the same last midi channel 16, and have the key switches be "shared"

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Currentely Kontakt in plugin variant (AU, VST2, VST3, AAX) only supports a single MIDI channel. VST3 can have multiple MIDI ports, but this feature is not implemented by Kontakt.

• Michael Dow
    edited July 2022

Hi E.D..Thanks for the reply. So why is it in the plugin? They're "unavailable" in the standalone version too for me

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

For the standalone version you need to assign those ports B, C, D to other MIDI devices in Options->MIDI. For the plugin it seems to just be there's no special-casing in the code to build different dropdown menus (plus, you can still use multiscripts to, for example, use Program Change messages to divert incoming MIDI from port A, to other ports, thereby being able to reach all 64 MIDI channels (based on which Program Change message you send).

• Michael Dow

Oh that sounds good! I've got no clue on scripting, feel like i barely have enough time to write music, let alone learn coding. I'll have a look for that. It would be cool to load more than 16 instruments for sure. Thanks for the replies!