How to factory reset Maschine Mk3?

bjg123
bjg123 Member Posts: 23 Member

Hi, I've had my Maschine Mk3 (not Mikro) a couple of weeks and loving it. I want to start delving into using it as a controller with my Reaper DAW. This will entail me doing lots of things set out in the Reaper community that I don't really understand. So, if it all goes wrong, I want to be able to reset the Mk3 to how it was when I first got it. I can find no references to this on the internet or on the manual. (Plenty of suggestions for resetting other Maschine hardware. Can anyone advise me?

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You should be able to assign each group to its own “External” output, then assign the input of the tracks in Reaper to those outputs. And don’t worry about Messing up Maschine, the output assignments are Project based not Global, so the next time you insert the routing will be the default. You can create a Template that has the routing saved in it And then set that to load as default when you load Maschine as a plugin (you set that up in preferences)

Answers

• Blindeddie

there Is no reset for the MK3, you cannot change its functionality for use with the Maschine software. If you can be a little more specific as what you intend to do then maybe someone can give you some pointers…

• bjg123

Hi Blindeddie,

Many thanks for this. Here is what I'm trying to do.

I have set up Maschine as a VST in my DAW (Reaper). In my Maschine project, I have four groups. I would like each group to be recorded as a wav file in a separate track in Reaper.

So far, I have given each Group in Maschine a different midi routing input, Group A Channel 1, Group B, channel 2, etc. - in each case the keymode I've set to 'manual' and an source selected 'host' and also pressed the 'record' button on the Mk3

In Reaper I have created four tracks, one for each group, and given them Midi input channels to match the group. (Track 1 - midi channel input 1, Track 2, midi input channel 2 etc

I've created another track in Reaper and inserted Maschine as a VST. I've set it up to receive midi input from each of the four tracks corresponding to the four Groups in Maschine. This seems to work as far as it goes. I can now record different groups and see the recording as a wav file in the master track. This might be all I need. BUT, I'm wondering if - instead of all the groups being recorded on one track that has the Maschine VST on it, can I divert each Group so that it gets recorded on a different track, ie I'd have four wav files at the end of it. As I write this, it seems this is maybe a question of routing on my DAW rather than anything to do with Maschine.

Can you advise?

Many thanks.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

You should be able to assign each group to its own “External” output, then assign the input of the tracks in Reaper to those outputs. And don’t worry about Messing up Maschine, the output assignments are Project based not Global, so the next time you insert the routing will be the default. You can create a Template that has the routing saved in it And then set that to load as default when you load Maschine as a plugin (you set that up in preferences)

• bjg123

Ah Blindeddie, Thank you so much. A combination of your advice and a slightly-dated youtube got me to where I want to be so far. And I will indeed create templates. I am very grateful.

A further question if you have the inclination: When I have Maschine open in Reaper, in each group's Audio Output, I see the Ext 1/2/3/ options and can route to the relevant Reaper track and hear everything just as I should. However, if I'm using MK3 and Maschine standalone, I can only hear audio if I have Master or 'ext 1' selected. If I select 'ext 2' there is no audio for that group.

The reason I mention this is - in my dream workflow as things stand, I'd like to kick off a project in MK3 and Maschine standalone, for lots of the basic building blocks... and then transfer to Reaper. Having just tried this, once I was in Reaper I had to go to each group's audio output and change to ext 2, 3 etc. This is not really much work so it's not a hassle. But I was wondering if there's a way round this.

One other question - When I open Maschine in Reaper, if I want to record a Scene, I can record it from whatever starting point in Reaper I want. But if I go to 'section'song', it wants me to set Reaper to bar one. If I want to record the whole section'song starting at a later bar, is there a way of doing it? I shall investigate putting some blank bars at the beginning of my Section, but that seems a bit cumbersome.

A thousand thanks again.

Bernard.

• Blindeddie

For the "ext" outs, you would need to assign them to an output on you Audio interface. So if you have an interface with only stereo out, you can only hear Master/Ext 1. Since it is a hardware limitation, there is no workaround. Not sure about your second question as I have never tried it.

• bjg123

Many thanks.

All best wishes,

Bernard.

• Chulaluk163
    Chulaluk163 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

How do I stop the projects for each kit from loading Everytime I load a kit?

• dbrdt
    dbrdt Member Posts: 2 Member

Unclick the "load patterns" button at the bottom of the browser pane.