It's time for a 4 channel mixer

Ben
Ben Member Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

NI has a huge population of house music, compare to scratch dj. I know the Z2 is very affordable, but I have not seen a Z2 user beside Dj Qbert Dj Shifty or DJ Craze. Battle DJs are great, but house DJ and EDM is been the money maker. I think it's time for a 4channel to be in the market, able to control remix deck and input all the NI hardware as well. Like Audio 4 but with mixer capable and remix control. I think this is something producer and house dj can really appreciate. An integrated 4 channel mixer audio interface/plugin maschine or other NI hardware. NI Z4

Comments

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor
    edited January 2022

I think the S8 comes pretty close to what you are looking for, down to the standalone mixer capability. Sold mine a while back to focus on turntablism but it was a beast for mix gigs - even did a few weddings.

DJ Controllers : Traktor Kontrol S8 | Traktor (native-instruments.com)

I'd love to see a Z4 but S8 comes pretty close, or a Z2 and a couple of D2 decks, which I have seen live used to great effect.

• dub one
    dub one Member Posts: 11 Member

I have been wishing for an update to the z2 series since it came out. a four channel mixer for turntable users seems like a no brainer since you make software that has four channels. some of us have full size tt that we wish to use, not little platters. the s4 would be fantastic with a better fader and no controllers. i'd pay twice what i paid for the z2 to have four channels all day long.

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 93 Helper

I still use the s8, managed to get a new one and boy it is the best piece of gear I have ever owned. I sometimes wonder if I should get another for backup in case they disappear, I love mine and honestly for 4 channel mixing it is a beast, you can run any audio through it, only thing lacking is bluetooth I believe but aux, turntables, other software even, youre good with an s8. The screens and extra ability to manipulate stems and cue points with a whole readout and what amounts to the same screens as the machine mk3 or at least very similar.