Only 2 out of my many libraries work

Woodback
Woodback Member Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

So when i click the instrument tab to get the dropdown of all the content in my libraries, all libraries except two wont show anything but the empty white line, as you can see in the picture with Una Corda. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Yeah sounds like that external drive is on its last days, or maybe the cable is crapping out. Or maybe the port to which you're connecting the cable is crapping out. All worth checking out.

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @Woodback, does that happen with Kontakt standalone or within a DAW?

Also, did you check the according folders of these plugins to double-check their content?

• Woodback

Hello @Nico_NI. Thank you for your help.

The difficult thing is that now it works in a new project of fl. But its very much a 50/50 if it happens or not. Either they show up or not. Or there is an error opening anything. or my external ssd got some sort of error. or kontakt can`t find any plugin. Or once every 15th time it will work. I know that from this chaotic explanation there is impossible for you to help me, but it kind of sums up my head at this point. Went from my stationary pc to this new laptop, since i will travel with it. And since the switch everythings been a pain in the ass. But i have not screenshotted all the countless errors and messages thats been showing up.

Well.. sorry for this.. just a bit lost.

• Woodback

Hello @Nico_NI. Thank you for your help.

Now when i closed fl, and opened it standalone and in the daw, it all worked. But next time i will probably have 4 errors waiting for me.

i belive it is something to do with my external ssd. Its 50/50 when i turn on my pc to get some error message from it. but it worked fine with my stationary pc for 1 year no issues. now with this new laptop, its all issues. cause if i run something not from the external drive, everything seems to work fine.

sorry for this, i`m just a bit lost right now. But thank you

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Yeah sounds like that external drive is on its last days, or maybe the cable is crapping out. Or maybe the port to which you're connecting the cable is crapping out. All worth checking out.

• Woodback

But how could it be that it works just fine with desktop. And be nothing but chaos on the laptop...